2024 will be the year of AI assistants, what are your thoughts?

Paco Dennis

SF VIP
A new Ai assistant is popping up about everyday now. They are supposed to learn as they go. Microsoft and Google have their version/s. New startups are making apps to provide better service for specific needs. Some are getting advice from these assistants that can give answers that researchers have called "hallucinations". Many people have had Siri, or Alexa, so they already know how Chat Bots work. What about medical advice. I found an article that quotes a doctor :

But according to Dr. Karim Hanna, chief of family medicine at Tampa General Hospital and program director of the family medicine residency program at the University of South Florida, there's no contest between the power of ChatGPT and Google search when it comes to diagnostic power. He's teaching residents how to use ChatGPT as a tool. And though it won't replace the need for doctors, he thinks chatbots are something patients could be using too.

"Patients have been using Google for a long time," Hanna said. "Google is a search."
"This," he said, meaning ChatGPT, "is so much more than a search."

Have you tried it? Are you going to try it? It can write songs, and make up fictional stories. It can even help people with art projects and music creation. See what the AI assistant can offer you concerning your hobbies, or travel, or the crafts you are interested in. It can be a very creative tool. For serious things it is best to get professional advice, and from a few reliable sources for sure. Who knows what a relationship with an immense knowledge base will produce. It IS coming. I think we need to be involved in knowing what it is, and getting involved with it, so we can add to the discussions about regulations that will have to be in place for it's use.

Since I haven’t had an experience with this, I’m not sure how to answer. There’s probably pros and cons for both human help and artificial intelligence help.

What about detecting mental health. Would these artificial intelligent robots be able to detect mental health issues?

Without personal experience, I don’t really have an opinion. If I were to bear my soul and disclose graphic personal detail about issues I was having, speaking to a thing that doesn’t have emotions might seem senseless. How could they help if they can’t feel or relate?

I really feel for our younger generation.

AI has been answering phones for some time now,
but only for some companies, I have experienced
this, also some text type assistance, is AI.

Mike.

AI is only as good as the people who programmed it.....and considering the out-sourced contractor programmers doing the programming on AI.....nah, I'll program my own. Thanks.
I am impressed if you can do it on your own! Here is what it looks like to get going...

To build your own AI assistant, you can start by researching and learning about programming languages commonly used for AI development such as Python, R, or Java. Dive deep into machine learning algorithms and gain a solid understanding of natural language processing and other relevant technologies. Utilize resources like online courses, tutorials, and books to enhance your knowledge. Experiment with building small-scale projects to apply what you've learned. Engage with the community through forums or collaborative projects to get insights from experienced developers. Building an AI assistant is a challenging but rewarding endeavor that will allow you to deeply understand the intricacies of artificial intelligence.

I don't think I will be capable. It is going to be like the wild, wild, west pretty soon. :eek:

Security cameras use AI for facial recognition, which is collected by a foreign government which specialize in tracking their own citizens every move. It is getting worse every day.

Back