2nd scuba lesson

Mr. Ed

Life does not deserve my gratitude.
Today, scuba lesson #2. The first hour consists of classroom study, and chapter review. The fun part is afterward in the pool. check & mount/secure tank to Buoyancy Control Device (BCD) connect air tank to 1st regulator, connect submersible pressure gauges (SPG) check air pressure.

Completed a side entry into pool.
Adjusted weights (12 lbs)
Deflated BCD buoyancy test for correct weight.

Breathed through regulator without mask, then inhale / regulator, exhale nose. two breaths through regulator/ breath through snorkel two breaths and back again.

Strangest thing happened; six feet down my mind tripped out, perhaps I lost consciousness ? Thought I imagined it, dove under again the effect was the same as I went deeper it was as if nothing happened. I enjoyed the momentary escape from reality.

I also participate on a scuba diving forum, when I posted what happened yesterday on their forum I was told to see a doctor ASAP. It is frustrating to find an interest and not be able to pursue it.

I have a doctors appointment next week, in the mean time, I will reach out to my scuba instructor for further information.

I hope that you find out you're able to scuba dive. I was fortunate enough to take scuba diving when I was in college. I got checked out in Monterey Bay and Monastery Beach near Carmel (which was quite an ordeal) and didn't scuba dive again for about 45 years. I tried twice during that 45 year period but was sidelined due to a cold the first time and due to being on the last day of antibiotics for something else the second time. I did finally get to dive again in Belize and then again in Hawaii about three years ago.

i spoke to my instructor who will monitor my next session. I have my annual check up in two e weeks and if the condition continues I will address it with my doctor

Back