A current high theft item is boxer shorts??? Female shoplifters take thousands of dollars worth

The top need for the homeless are socks & underwear. Those are the most requested items in shelters.
I'm cynical of these " buy one, and we give one away" businesses. I'm quite sure they use donation tax laws to their advantage. I'm not sure if it was Nike, but a big shoe company was doing the same- giving away shoes in an African nation. They didn't need shoes, they could buy their own, what they needed was jobs- make the shoes incountry-not imports from Asia. I doubt the sock are made near where they are giving them away. The practice is great PR, and the cost probably comes out of their ad budget. Like I said I'm cynical. Now I have to find a puppy to kick.

I'm cynical of these " buy one, and we give one away" businesses. I'm quite sure they use donation tax laws to their advantage. I'm not sure if it was Nike, but a big shoe company was doing the same- giving away shoes in an African nation. They didn't need shoes, they could buy their own, what they needed was jobs- make the shoes incountry-not imports from Asia. I doubt the sock are made near where they are giving them away. The practice is great PR, and the cost probably comes out of their ad budget. Like I said I'm cynical. Now I have to find a puppy to kick.
I could never bring myself to pay $16.50 for a pair of socks and feel that the company certainly should be able to donate a pair of socks, purchased with my money, to a homeless shelter.
pink-lupine-layflat-product-transparent.png%3Fv%3D1657591570

I would rather buy a 10-pack of Hanes ankle socks for around $12.00 and split them with the folks at the homeless shelter.

They'd give mine back
The only thing left on half of 'em is the waistband

Maybe I should have my lady sew on a different name tag

Nikea
You have to put 'em together

Shoot ...... those might become the most popular ?! Remember when cut-up/hole filled jeans suddenly became the "thing" to wear ? They cost more than new jeans ?

The most stolen item in supermarkets the UK are Cheese... and butter seriously.. it's so expensive now that stores have to put security tags on it

resize
I have been told by people working in grocery stores that the most stolen item in their store was cosmetic items
Seriously, mens underwear has become very expensive like so many other things.

I do not see why there is no crack down on the places these will be sold at .... all the looting that was done a while back in "protests" are sold that way
on Facebook marketplace / ebay or other social media selling sites ....
this has been happening for a long time ...... social media sites crack down on users for various speech infractions ..... but clearly are enabling the black market for the selling of stolen merchandise ......
when i worked retail the security would monitor these and could often track down who we recognized as the thief. Then we posted there FB photo by door along with security photo .... made a few turn around and not come back

i know some people clearance shop and resale items but all they would need to do is have a pop up to have sellers show receipt to site...... pawn shops are required to trace items for stolen merchandise but online is not?
does any one really believe "oops i bought six things of Tide and only needed one" so i am selling at a huge discount LOL

I’m finding there to be increasing restrictions on the physical availability of goods on store shelves as prices go up. Seeking to buy Pantene shampoo/conditioner at a drug store yesterday, I found that they had just one bottle of each of the brand products out for customers to actually take and carry to the register for purchase. Presumably this was to prevent shady customers from giving themselves a five-finger discount, and slipping the item into pocket or purse to steal it. In the not-so-distant past, numerous bottles of the products would be out on the shelves.

At the register for check-out, I had to wait and eventually ring a bell to get a clerk to come and check me out. Why?- -The single-item on the shelves anti-theft policy forces clerks to spend much of their time doing inventory and restocking shelves. More costly items still seem to be kept behind locked glass enclosures, or have security tags attached that would set off alarms at the store exit. Theft is apparently a serious problem…

Back