A Dazzle of Zebras

6dc003f2b48ef0b1e54da58bbce624ff.jpg

He also wrote "A Boy Named Sue":

"In February 1969, Johnny Cash had a party at his house in Hendersonville, TN. As the evening went on, the party turned into a guitar pull, with some of Johnny's friends trying out their latest songs. "Bob Dylan sang 'Lay Lady Lay,'" recalled Cash. "Kris Kristofferson sang 'Me and Bobby McGee.' Joni Mitchell sang 'Both Sides Now.' Graham Nash sang 'Marrakesh Express.' And Shel Silverstein sang 'A Boy Named Sue.'" (read more)
Great story. Thanks for sharing. I have been to Johnny's house in Hendersonville, but never inside. I had to see where he lived because the house was later bought by Barry Gibb and I often wondered why Gibb wanted it and still don't know why. I could see why Johnny bought it. The house is like a home you would see in the hills with it's own backyard pond and the materials that were used to build the house, only it's located in a very posh development. Hendersonville is home to many of the old classic Country singers. I have a picture of it somewhere. I'll see if I can dig it out.

Back