A Different Holiday Outlook Perhaps

National Garage Sale Day is being observed today! It has been observed the second Saturday in August since 2001.

National Lazy Day
Also known as Lazy Day

Observed annually on August 10th
Now this day we will definitely celebrate...thanks Radish, we were looking for a good excuse to kick back with a cold one! LOL!

I blew it. Before I read about Lazy Day, I'd already vacuumed and washed the kitchen and bathroom floors, and did an extra load of laundry.
Oh, gal...now that's a real "bummer". Just told hubby, who is sitting on the back deck, "we aren't doing anything today...hey, Radish says its "Offical Lazy Day". He said "cool", you girls talked me right into it! Dips in the pool and a cold one at "happy hour" makes it for us!
Guess you have to really make up by really lounging around the rest of the day.

Aunt Bea might be shocked to find her car loaded with uninvited seniors waiting at the curb to be driven off to party-land.
Nothing shocks me, hop in!

KmrSbAg.gif

Depends on how I feel about it. I'm all for celebrating Godzilla's birthday - seriously, I send around an email and tell my friends, "It's Godzilla's birthday today! Stomp on a piece of sushi in his honor!"

When I was working, I loved Secretary's Day, which turned into the mouthful Administrative Asst.'s Day, and is now called something more inclusive, I believe. Great excuse to get taken out to expensive restaurants, LOL. Or score a really good bottle of booze, which was even better.

Depends on how I feel about it. I'm all for celebrating Godzilla's birthday - seriously, I send around an email and tell my friends, "It's Godzilla's birthday today! Stomp on a piece of sushi in his honor!"

When I was working, I loved Secretary's Day, which turned into the mouthful Administrative Asst.'s Day, and is now called something more inclusive, I believe. Great excuse to get taken out to expensive restaurants, LOL. Or score a really good bottle of booze, which was even better.
Do you have any idea how many times Godzilla destroyed Tokyo?

Do you have any idea how many times Godzilla destroyed Tokyo?

Does it matter? In the last movie he stomped on San Francisco! (Actually, just the Embarcadero and Financial District, LOL). It was great fun watching it. "Oooh, there goes #2 and #3 Embarcadero Center! Oops, now the SW corner of the PG&E building - shucks, no more peregrine falcon nest videocams!"

I think half my working career offices got offed in that movie :oops: ! We love SF, I felt honored they decided to use it for the "new" Godzilla.

And going completely OT, we absolutely ROFL when the movie showed not one, but three shots of Godzilla's foot standing on the concrete squishing something - an obvious tribute to one of the very, very early shared Internet animations: "Bambi Meets Godzilla". Disney didn't sanction that old little B&W gem, of course, and absolutely hated it; but it proved the power of the Web that they weren't able to stop it, either.

Back