A house by the sea?

Capt Lightning

Pladda and the south coast of Arran
IMAGE SOURCE,GETTY IMAGES
A tiny Scottish island in the Firth of Clyde has gone on sale for £350,000.
The isle of Pladda, off the coast of Arran, includes a five-bedroom house, a helipad and lighthouse dating back to the 1790s.
It has an asking price that could buy a three-bedroom flat in Glasgow or Edinburgh. It is well below the average price of a London property at £536,000.
The 28 acre island has been empty for several years and needs renovation before it can be lived on again.

There's a program on HGTV called 'You Live In What' where people will buy old churches, fire stations, lighthouses and fix them up to live there. The last episode had a light house someone had bought, If I remember correctly it had 4 levels.

It's so neat to see what each individual does w/their new place, and how they transform it in to living spaces. They're all so unique in their own way.

You could have all the big dogs you wanted with no neighbors complaining and no fencing required.
Telemarketers probably couldn't reach you.

On the other hand; as Holly said, it would be hard to get help in an emergency.
Probably no internet or cable.

I would want this and the flat in Edinburgh.

There's almost nothing I'd like more than to live by the sea... but that ain't it. It looks barren and desolate. I prefer a sandy, not a rocky, shoreline. And I don't want to have to take a boat, plane, or helicopter to get to and from my home. And I don't want to grow rocks, I want to grow vegetables.

Bella ✌️

Not for me.. that remote Island home.. can you imagine needing to get to a hospital in a hurry on a Stormy Scottish November night... nay.. week... :ROFLMAO:
In my imagination, it would be a lovely place to live, and I'd love the only way to travel being by boat. My imagination always disregards reality and sometimes it doesn't know the reality of a situation.

Like the time I wanted a big chicken coop and told my husband, no worries about the chickens getting cold in winter. We'd just let them live in the basement. Never got the chickens.

Back