A modern take on romance, (far from anything I recognise)

One thread- successfully hijacked. Great work, guys!!! :ROFLMAO::love:

"Have the kids gone to bed yet?" Oh good, they'll feel better for that won't they!

What was the thread about, oh yes, someone putting forth the idea we should "Love Many". "Better to have loved and lost than neera loved at all", someone once said, an awwwr I sez is set off wi that as yer aim an its where yur headin. :LOL::confused::love::ROFLMAO:(n) .

I'm choosing #3, "No, everything's fine".

Although I haven't read the book and can't say that I support it in and of itself, I do agree with the idea in grahamg's summary of the book's message.

I know I wish my parent's had explained what dating and romance were all about. I think I might have been more comfortable being around teenage girls as a teenager and might have actually dated more than I did when I was in high school. I also think that it might have veered me away from my first marriage and I might have had a more fulfilling life.

I like the idea that some women now feel empowered to do a little experimenting and playing the field if that's what they desire.

I'm just getting back to the dating scene and I noticed senior men would all say they're looking for their last love and how they'd pamper them if they found them. BUT I have yet to know one that is willing to invest time and effort to prove it. I'm not referring to OLD sites, I meet these IRL. I guess it's rare to find men who knows how to woo and pursue women; maybe the rules of engagement has changed since the sexual revolution?

I'm just getting back to the dating scene and I noticed senior men would all say they're looking for their last love and how they'd pamper them if they found them. BUT I have yet to know one that is willing to invest time and effort to prove it. I'm not referring to OLD sites, I meet these IRL. I guess it's rare to find men who knows how to woo and pursue women; maybe the rules of engagement has changed since the sexual revolution?
Could it be those senior men realize there isn't much time left for pursuing so wooing is reduced to your place or mine?

Just plain nuts will do, I'm cool with that description too, (given what I think of half of you.:rolleyes: !).
It hasn't stopped the discussion flaring into life, and some perfectly rational, reasonable, decent, wholesome posts my mum would have approved of, and if I'm not being too indiscreet saying it, she was a virgin on her wedding night, having waited during a seven and a half year courtship for one another.
A different age I know, and in their generation my parents were not unique, but how many today, reading books telling them to "Love Many", refrain or restrain themselves, and show what " stick ability" is all about. :unsure: :mad:

Virginity, romance in the old days and these new days, wide range of variations over the decades is for sure.
Love many and no virginity before marriage OR love one and remain a virgin until the wedding night.
Always a personal decision for each person or couple.

Just plain nuts will do, I'm cool with that description too, (given what I think of half of you.:rolleyes: !).
It hasn't stopped the discussion flaring into life, and some perfectly rational, reasonable, decent, wholesome posts my mum would have approved of, and if I'm not being too indiscreet saying it, she was a virgin on her wedding night, having waited during a seven and a half year courtship for one another.
A different age I know, and in their generation my parents were not unique, but how many today, reading books telling them to "Love Many", refrain or restrain themselves, and show what " stick ability" is all about. :unsure: :mad:
Which half ?

As for being indiscreet that was pretty much how life was years ago. BUT & I THINK this is worth asking you.

Aren't you confusing love with sex? Love Many doesn't automatically translate to sex.

Which half ?

As for being indiscreet that was pretty much how life was years ago. BUT & I THINK this is worth asking you.

Aren't you confusing love with sex? Love Many doesn't automatically translate to sex.
You've got me there, and if only the woman featured in the OP hadn't shown what she appeared to think it meant, I'd have to give up and go join a monastery as penance, for interpreting her words in that manner.

My dear mother, btw didn't believe in platonic relationships between men and women, (I think she was over egging it there, but she amused my great uncle by telling him this anyway!). :LOL: .

I'm not sure which half you're in, but I'm happy enough for you to join me in the nutty half, if you want to self identify that way. :whistle: .

It hasn't stopped the discussion flaring into life, and some perfectly rational, reasonable,
grahamg, you might be the odd one, but yer easy

…..and I do like that

Last edited:
I've been doing some research, (I know Gary O' will be pleased!):

https://www.bustle.com/articles/180084-5-reasons-its-normal-to-be-in-love-with-more-than-one-person

Why It’s Normal To Love More Than One Person

Quote:
"Although we're often taught to believe we can only love one person at a time, it's time to really rethink that. While it might be easy if there were just one person for us, as in "The One," and once we find them we were set for life, things are really not that simple. Life, in general, is not that simple. And, honestly, I like to believe that as much as lack of simplicity can throw a wrench in things, no one really wants it that simple.

And considering the rise of non-monogamy today, more and more people are proving that there's not just one person out there for everyone. “When it comes to being in love, all bets are off,” dating Coach Francesca Hogi tells Bustle. “Everything is ‘normal.’ [Being in love with more than one person] is probably a lot more common than people realize.” Well isn't that a relief for each and every one of you out there who is currently in love with more than one person — or thinks you could be. "

Back