A new day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's posting on another forum, she's fine....
She's fine and has been posting how negative we are here and couldn't wait to get away from us........................................................................................................................................................................................
Poor Dear. 🙀😿

She's fine and has been posting how negative we are here and couldn't wait to get away from us........................................................................................................................................................................................
Poor Dear. 🙀😿
well I didn't say otherwise...I just said she's fine.. which she is.. her opinion of this forum, has nothing to do with how her state of health ... if that's how she feels about us here.. then I hope she enjoys being where she is..

well I didn't say otherwise...I just said she's fine.. which she is.. her opinion of this forum, has nothing to do with how her state of health ... if that's how she feels about us here.. then I hope she enjoys being where she is..
I am going to be blunt:

MarciKS was not perfect, but lets remember that while she was here, she contributed a great deal to the fun elements of the forum. She posted tons of links to music, and her taste was excellent. She contributed a lot to humorous threads. She is about my daughter's age and she became a friend of my wife and I.

MarciKS had a keen sense of social justice: race issues and women's issues. She and I worked very hard on a thread identifying women in history who did not get the recognition they deserved.

She was often blunt, holds strong personal opinions and is very outspoken. In my opinion some of the treatment she received on this forum was shameful. A lot of it was behind the scenes, and some of it that was really bad took place in the form of private e-mails that were nothing less than unbelievable. I lost respect for a number of people, and I have zero respect for the man who lured her into email exchanges that turned ugly.

Yes, I communicate with her frequently and she is doing fine. She does periodically drop in to SF to see what is taking place. I do not know if she will return, but I hope that she does and that she receives better treatment.

MarciKS is like most people on the forum in just trying to maintain a social connection while they deal with the isolation brought on by the virus. Like most people on the forum she has health issues that she has to deal with while she is still working. She vented about the reality of her life just like many others. I am baffled by why people could not find it in themselves to "cut her some slack."

She tended to be kindhearted toward others and deserved better.

I totally agree with what @Pecos has written, and not just about Marci, but this should go for everyone on a forum like this. There is no way that everyone is going to see every situation the same, and if we did, there would not be much to have a discussion about.
The important thing is that, regardless of personal opinion about any thread topic, we should see the other people here as human beings, with feelings just like ours, and try our best to disagree about the topic politely, and not attack the person for believing how they do.

Most of us learned to be polite 50+ years ago, when we were just little kids, and growing old is no reason to forget those manners we learned way back then.
We can all still “play nice” together, if we work at it.

Sad to see her gone for now, anyway. I'm always so unaware of the forum undertone happenings. Big sigh. Pecos, say hi to her for me, please and thank you in advance, guy.
Neither was I aware of all these undesirable things happening behind the scenes. I’ll echo the request that you say hello to Marci too, @Pecos.

I am going to be blunt:

MarciKS was not perfect, but lets remember that while she was here, she contributed a great deal to the fun elements of the forum. She posted tons of links to music, and her taste was excellent. She contributed a lot to humorous threads. She is about my daughter's age and she became a friend of my wife and I.

MarciKS had a keen sense of social justice: race issues and women's issues. She and I worked very hard on a thread identifying women in history who did not get the recognition they deserved.

She was often blunt, holds strong personal opinions and is very outspoken. In my opinion some of the treatment she received on this forum was shameful. A lot of it was behind the scenes, and some of it that was really bad took place in the form of private e-mails that were nothing less than unbelievable. I lost respect for a number of people, and I have zero respect for the man who lured her into email exchanges that turned ugly.

Yes, I communicate with her frequently and she is doing fine. She does periodically drop in to SF to see what is taking place. I do not know if she will return, but I hope that she does and that she receives better treatment.

MarciKS is like most people on the forum in just trying to maintain a social connection while they deal with the isolation brought on by the virus. Like most people on the forum she has health issues that she has to deal with while she is still working. She vented about the reality of her life just like many others. I am baffled by why people could not find it in themselves to "cut her some slack."

She tended to be kindhearted toward others and deserved better.
Well said Pecos. Or as we say around here...TELL it !! and TRUTH!! You are such a level headed gentleman. We need more people like you in the world. No one should be made to feel so badly that they feel they must leave a social networking site. And apparently that's happened a couple of times lately. I haven't read all the responses and frankly, I don't think I want to. I'll just say SHAME on anyone who was purposefully unkind. Oh hell...let me keep it real too...on anyone who was NASTY!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back