A new day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
morning *drinks :coffee:*
finally got some sleep. i decided tonight if i hear a peep outta the neighbor after 10 i'm just gonna call it in. i'm done playing games with this old bat. she tells the neighbors i'm a b*tch but i'm not the one disturbing someone at all hours of the day and being so inconsiderate. i tried to be nice when i moved in and she was just hateful so i figured the hell with it. next time she gets robbed or locks herself out she can get one of the other neighbors to help her. since i'm so horrible. *grins & sips*

found a super nice animal crossing group on facebook for once. most of those people are just crazy with all their rules and threats to ban someone from ever coming to their island again. it's like "calm the hell down...it's just a game". *rolls eyes* maybe i can make some new game friends. that would be nice. the other game forum were snobs and they just ignored me so i finally said the hell with it and went elsewhere.

i found a whole bunch of new designs for stuff for my new island. should be fun.

enjoy the day!

i just purchased that meter. i'm now journaling all the noise for a month. once i get that meter i can measure it and keep track of that as well. she's already been banging around all morning. i'm logging all of it. i won't smack the wall or holler over today. 10 pm gets here i'll just call the police. if i have to i'll continue to call them and i will make note of it in the journal for the landlord. i'm done messing around.

i just purchased that meter. i'm now journaling all the noise for a month. once i get that meter i can measure it and keep track of that as well. she's already been banging around all morning. i'm logging all of it. i won't smack the wall or holler over today. 10 pm gets here i'll just call the police. if i have to i'll continue to call them and i will make note of it in the journal for the landlord. i'm done messing around.
what type of Duplex do you live in... ?..I own a duplex in Spain really a triplex because it has a basement and also a solarium roof...

I can't even imagine renting it out to 2 separate tenants...

Are you upstairs or down ?

what type of Duplex do you live in... ?..I own a duplex in Spain really a triplex because it has a basement and also a solarium roof...

I can't even imagine renting it out to 2 separate tenants...

Are you upstairs or down ?
they're side by side. it's like being in the same house. she has grandkids visiting and they have spent 2 hrs running back and forth in the apt. so all i hear is thundering from one end to the other. my meter will be here the 24th. meanwhile i'm writing all this down for 1 month then i will give it to the landlord. waiting to hear back from the police dept. on the ordinances cuz i know there is one. if i hafta call the cops then i can include that in my complaint to the landlord. he can do something about it. if not i might be able to press charges against her. also if she gets visited by the police enough they can start fining her.

195114774_3047582415565576_8335463197601693667_n.jpg

Whether it be loss through death, divorce or people walking out on you all the time...that loss changes you. It changes who you are on the inside. I feel like I had a light that shined brighter when I was younger but as time has gone on and I have lost almost everyone in my life through one of the above mentioned ways...that light has begun to grow darker every day. The pain and disappointment have pretty much knocked me down enough times that I no longer have the desire to pick myself up off the floor. I'm tired of getting up and picking up all the little pieces and trying to fix everything. The proverbial pieces have been flung against the wall in frustration with no more longing to repair.

People ask why I don't go out and try to make friends. Or date. Or anything. I just don't want to anymore. It's too exhausting and too hard when it ends. And it always ends. Always. They either die...move away & don't keep in touch or they just use me till they're done and then walk away and act like I never existed. Do people even care anymore if they hurt others? Do they just look out for number one and screw everyone else? Is that how life works now?

I have been alone for long enough that I have discovered that I don't need to have other people in my life to be content. I'm actually better off and happier alone. I feel for those who need others that had no one during the pandemic. It must have been very difficult for them. I can only hope that someday they can learn that they too can get by on their own.

I've pretty much grown up as the odd man out so it's no big thing for me. It was for years but now it just doesn't matter anymore. I've learned to cope with it and be content as things are. I have virtual friends via video games and internet forums. that's enough. I don't look for more than that and I've already resigned myself to the fact that personal relationships offline with people aren't gonna work out. Ever.

But not everyone can face that and cope. Some commit suicide because the pain is too great. It's a shame that they don't have the inner strength to accept and deal with what life brings. I know that not everyone has that kind of strength. Those are the folks I pray for and hope that they get some form of comfort. Nobody should have to ever feel that lonely.

View attachment 170115

Whether it be loss through death, divorce or people walking out on you all the time...that loss changes you. It changes who you are on the inside. I feel like I had a light that shined brighter when I was younger but as time has gone on and I have lost almost everyone in my life through one of the above mentioned ways...that light has begun to grow darker every day. The pain and disappointment have pretty much knocked me down enough times that I no longer have the desire to pick myself up off the floor. I'm tired of getting up and picking up all the little pieces and trying to fix everything. The proverbial pieces have been flung against the wall in frustration with no more longing to repair.

People ask why I don't go out and try to make friends. Or date. Or anything. I just don't want to anymore. It's too exhausting and too hard when it ends. And it always ends. Always. They either die...move away & don't keep in touch or they just use me till they're done and then walk away and act like I never existed. Do people even care anymore if they hurt others? Do they just look out for number one and screw everyone else? Is that how life works now?

I have been alone for long enough that I have discovered that I don't need to have other people in my life to be content. I'm actually better off and happier alone. I feel for those who need others that had no one during the pandemic. It must have been very difficult for them. I can only hope that someday they can learn that they too can get by on their own.

I've pretty much grown up as the odd man out so it's no big thing for me. It was for years but now it just doesn't matter anymore. I've learned to cope with it and be content as things are. I have virtual friends via video games and internet forums. that's enough. I don't look for more than that and I've already resigned myself to the fact that personal relationships offline with people aren't gonna work out. Ever.

But not everyone can face that and cope. Some commit suicide because the pain is too great. It's a shame that they don't have the inner strength to accept and deal with what life brings. I know that not everyone has that kind of strength. Those are the folks I pray for and hope that they get some form of comfort. Nobody should have to ever feel that lonely.
Right there with you, @MarciKS !
Specifically the idea of dating in this day and time sends me running for the hills. Eeeek!

they're side by side. it's like being in the same house. she has grandkids visiting and they have spent 2 hrs running back and forth in the apt. so all i hear is thundering from one end to the other. my meter will be here the 24th. meanwhile i'm writing all this down for 1 month then i will give it to the landlord. waiting to hear back from the police dept. on the ordinances cuz i know there is one. if i hafta call the cops then i can include that in my complaint to the landlord. he can do something about it. if not i might be able to press charges against her. also if she gets visited by the police enough they can start fining her.
Our noise laws say that neighbours ( domestic situation) have to be quiet between 11pm and 7am... that's a countrywide law.. any noise made after that which is deemed to be excessive can and will be dealt with by the police .

Loud music and other household noise at an inappropriate volume at any time of the day can also be reported particularly if it happens on a regular basis..this includes barking dogs, or vehicles being revved excessively..

I don't know what the laws are in your area but here the following is the standard...

The permitted noise level using A-weighted decibels (the unit environmental noise is usually measured in) is:
  • 34 dBA (decibels adjusted) if the underlying level of noise is no more than 24 dBA

• 34 dBA (decibels adjusted) if the underlying level of noise is no more than 24 dBA
  • 10 dBA above the underlying level of noise if this is more than 24 dBA
For the noise to count as a statutory nuisance it must do one of the following:

• unreasonably and substantially interfere with the use or enjoyment of a home or other premises
  • injure health or be likely to injure health
On the 'noisy neighbours ' website it states...:

If your neighbour is making a noise that is causing you distress we would strongly recommend you DO NOT RETALIATE. If you get into a tit-for-tat situation (eg. they play loud music at 2am, so the next night you hoover at 5am, so then the next day they start banging on the walls, etc.) it can quickly get out of control.

You will also find it much harder to get help from the authorities and an end to the problem because there is fault on both sides.

Our noise laws say that neighbours ( domestic situation) have to be quiet between 11pm and 7am... that's a countrywide law.. any noise made after that which is deemed to be excessive can and will be dealt with by the police .

Loud music and other household noise at an inappropriate volume at any time of the day can also be reported particularly if it happens on a regular basis..this includes barking dogs, or vehicles being revved excessively..

I don't know what the laws are in your area but here the following is the standard...

The permitted noise level using A-weighted decibels (the unit environmental noise is usually measured in) is:

• 10 dBA above the underlying level of noise if this is more than 24 dBA
For the noise to count as a statutory nuisance it must do one of the following:

• unreasonably and substantially interfere with the use or enjoyment of a home or other premises
  • injure health or be likely to injure health
On the 'noisy neighbours ' website it states...:

If your neighbour is making a noise that is causing you distress we would strongly recommend you DO NOT RETALIATE. If you get into a tit-for-tat situation (eg. they play loud music at 2am, so the next night you hoover at 5am, so then the next day they start banging on the walls, etc.) it can quickly get out of control.

You will also find it much harder to get help from the authorities and an end to the problem because there is fault on both sides.

Neighbors and Noise FAQ | Nolo

just found a mini recorder that i could stick to the wall and record the noise throughout the day.
if i got enough proof i could take her to small claims court and sue for up to $4,000. i doubt she'd care for that.

well, i've managed to get both my 3DS XL and my old 3DS connected to the internet and i'm currently doing a system update to the old one. lol! electronics are a pain in the @$$.

Morning...got a cab coming at 8:30 for me. Hopefully I can get ahold of the car place tomorrow and purchase a vehicle. It's either that or I'm gonna hafta call the auto repair place and see if they can come tow it and work on it. I'm gonna hafta cancel tomorrows acupuncture so I can deal with this vehicle issue.

I found a whole bunch of really neat designs for my new Animal Crossing island on a facebook group that isn't full of whackos. I'm excited now!

We're expecting temps in the 80s today with some rain.

I hope you all have a good day.

I don't know how I keep letting you people talk me into this. Must be love. LOL!

I bought a car today. Yay...

I'm trying to figure out what to have for supper. Cardboard pizza anyone? It comes with a side of arterial clog.

I don't know how I keep letting you people talk me into this. Must be love. LOL!

I bought a car today. Yay...

I'm trying to figure out what to have for supper. Cardboard pizza anyone? It comes with a side of arterial clog.
It is our charm my friend, it is always our charm.

What make of car did you get?

Good to see you here. I do believe that I will pass on the cardboard pizza for awhile. We are having leftover risotto tonight and if it is as good as it was the first time, I will be a happy camper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back