A new day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that is the very definition of a high-wire act. After all, doesn’t calm reside in the absence of effort? Given the nature of modern human awareness, the relief of stress now constitutes a stressor itself. The standard prescriptions—master your breathing, meditate on your mantra, clear your head—can themselves spark anxiety, especially if you’ve attempted them before with no success.

The High Cost of Calm | Psychology Today

While we are whining about the pandemic and about the masks and not being able to go back to a normal life....there are 414,000 cases a day of COVID in India and they've been left to die when they ran out of oxygen. We should be thankful instead of bickering and complaining. Just saying.

I don't have a link. It was a story on the abc News site.
Pressure rises for India lockdown; surge breaks record again - ABC News (go.com)

Last edited:
Good morning. *sips coffee*
LOL! I'm sitting here opening a letter from the White House saying we're getting another $1400 and I mumbled something to myself and Cortana popped up unbidden. I said whatcha doin?
She said..."Roaming the very edges of the internet. There be dragons." LMAO!

I got my city bill today. They're getting ready to do their annual water line flush so I'm gonna need to start stocking up on bottled water. I never can tell from the map which day they're actually doing the deed.

My computer is forcing the new Windows update on me once again. I will try uninstalling the sound drivers and restarting it this time to see if that fixes it. Otherwise I don't know where to look for help. The fine folks at Microsoft and Dell are useless. Unless you like having conversations nobody can understand with a bunch of Indian folk who go from a script who couldn't help fly use it's wings if they tried. *rolls eyes*

I started working on my resume for when I start job hunting for a new work at home career. I got the cover letter done. Woohoo!

I got some work related tests to work on today too.

I'm actually debating going into the grocery store on my own tomorrow. I can always double up my filters in my mask. I'm just tired of having to rely on someone else to get my things. And to get the right things. I'm going to think about it for a bit. I'm still not sure I wanna go do that yet. LOL!

Well I let the computer update and did the uninstall and restart and still no audio output so I had to reset it for the last working version. If Microsoft wants to force updates on folks they should at least fix it so everything works when it's done. Good Lord.

looks like we've got thunderstorms moving along I-70 towards us in the next 1.5 to 2 hrs. i saw pink colors in the radar. that's never good.

I had purchased shower curtains before my rib got broke. I had bought a clear vinyl one for the inside and a cute heart fabric one for the outside. My bathroom is a little blah so I just wanted to perk it up with some cuteness. Now I hafta rest. LOL!
WIN_20210508_19_38_04_Pro.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back