A new little herd of deer and their fawns in my yard.

Wonderful photos!

IMO you are very lucky to have such nice visitors.

I was driving by a cemetery/park in the city last week and a doe with two spotted fawns walked across the road in front of me. I felt bad because the doe had several scars, not sure if they were from dog attacks or maybe automobile accidents.

Such nice pics to share with us RA.....I posted elsewhere that we have the same scenery for years around our house.....actually too many deer overloading the streets and neighborhood, but watching the same families having new babies following in tow is such a joy....

Great photos, beautiful animals and I always delight in seeing the young ones too! Makes forgiving any damage to the garden they may do so much easier. :love_heart:

@Ruth n Jersey I just saw this video and thought of you. Are you still getting deer in your yard doing damage to your plants? We see lots of deer behind our back fence, but never in our yard. These past few years I've been seeing some white ones, not all true albino because they can have some small marking on their face, etc. Like you, I love to see the wildlife!

@Ruth n Jersey I just saw this video and thought of you. Are you still getting deer in your yard doing damage to your plants? We see lots of deer behind our back fence, but never in our yard. These past few years I've been seeing some white ones, not all true albino because they can have some small marking on their face, etc. Like you, I love to see the wildlife!

@SeaBreeze ,thanks for the video. Yes,we still get many deer going through our property and I finally solved the problem with my veggie garden. I double fenced it. The plants with vines are on another fence straight down the middle so they can't nibble the tops. They have terrible depth perception and don't even attempt to jump a double fence. Now I throw the outer leaves of greens or plants I've thinned out for them to eat. We get along just fine now.
I really believe we can live in harmony with wild animals if we take the time to understand them. I finally outsmarted them and get total enjoyment out of watching them instead of fuming about how they destroyed my string beans.

And to be the Ass ... shot 2 the other evening.... Tenderloin was awesome on the grill...
And yes it was a legal harvest... Orchard is taking a beating this year...
Ruth may understand... every thing from my garden taste like venison....

I did some deer hunting when we first moved to this forest. However, in recent years, I get more enjoyment out of just watching them. There was a epidemic of "Blue Tongue Disease" in our state, about 8 or 10 years ago, that killed off much of the herd, but they have since rebounded nicely. Earlier this year, I counted 14 of them munching the grass in a big meadow below the house.

3 in the yard this evening.... have had 4 hit within 1/4 mile of the house in the last year...
Our garden and the orchard next door is open picking for them....
we actually plant stuff near the wood line thats theirs...
Like Don, we had a few years of major loss from disease and starvation...

Back