wet shave
use electric razor
use a depilatory lotion/cream
scissors
pluck
depends on the location, or
don't even worry about it?

Last edited:
I bleach it or wax it off with facial wax strips. If it's just a solitary hair, I pluck it out.

One of the perks for me at the age of 74 is not having to deal with that problem anymore. If I happen to see a stray hair on my cheek or chin I shave it off. Plucking would take all day just trying to get the tweezers just right

Once I asked the hubby to pluck it out. He obviously didn't know what the term plucking meant and once he got hold of the hair he pulled it out ever so slowly.
He missed his calling. He could make anyone spill the beans in a matter of minutes.

I use an Emjoi EpiSlim which is an electric device that plucks on my face. As for my legs, menopause took care of that. There isn't enough there to worry about.

Depends.

I wet shaved everywhere for years, but until menopause I had no facial hair to worry about. Now I have a faint mustache and so I wax my upper lip every few weeks...well actually my daughter does it for me. Far easier and quicker for her than for me to do it myself. And while she's doing that she also plucks my eyebrows for me. They need very little, they're naturally shaped well, but the stragglers drive me crazy.

I have a personal shaver that either Ron or I use on my private areas. So much easier than wet shaving which I did for a long time.

More recently while visiting my family in California, I discovered the Braul Epilator. The teen grands use it instead of shaving and the technology has improved so very much since the last time I used an epilator 30 years ago, and I was very impressed and bought one for myself when I got home. I use it for my legs and underarms.

I have one....ONE!!!!!....chin hair which appears randomly. I swear I'll check my chin in the mirror every day and there's nothing. Then from one day to the next suddenly there's a quarter inch long gray hair poking out! Like OVERNIGHT!!! :mad:

ime called mrs tweezers --- always out lol ..pluck the brows - lose hairs on face -
shave with lady shavers for legs arms ...

I've heard it's an old wives tale, but I've always believed that shaving makes the new hair come out thicker. My proof is that men with dark hair who have grown mustaches and beards previously have a much darker five-o-clock shadow after having shaved. Is it better to shave or pluck or use depilatories?

1576771676267.jpeg

I've heard it's an old wives tale, but I've always believed that shaving makes the new hair come out thicker. My proof is that men with dark hair who have grown mustaches and beards previously have a much darker five-o-clock shadow after having shaved. Is it better to shave or pluck or use depilatories?

View attachment 85232

Who is this chap? Not bad looking imo;)

I am very fair and my body hairs are virtually invisible

Catlady mentioned that she has little leg hair. Lucky her! If I let mine go more than 3 weeks, it woud be the envy of Bigfoot.
Well, I'm Italian and I had thick dark hair on my legs when young. I was pleasantly surprised after menopause that my leg hair was getting lighter and less of it, and now I no longer shave the legs but have to watch the chin whiskers. I actually prefer it this way. 😼

I am very fair and my body hairs are virtually invisible

No idea. I went to google ''men with five-o-clock shadow'' and he was there, no name with the pic. This below is one of the guys that came up. Ridiculous looking, eh?

images

Last edited:
Since menopause my legs only need to be shaved a few times a year. I either wet shave or use an electric razor. Wet shave armpits. So far no facial hair (knock on wood).

That's the very dreamy actor, Jon Hamm. He burst onto the scene as the lead actor in "Mad Men" and has since been in several movies.

Strangely, I'm more aware of facial hair now than I was when I was younger. I check every day and pluck any rogue hairs and use a little epilator when necessary. Legs are still a problem and get shaved every other day.

For my underarms, legs, and private area I use an electric razor. A for the few stubborn hairs that pop up on my chin or upper lip I pluck with tweezers.

Back