A really bad medical day

Aneeda72

I have a framed quote on my wall “Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.” I am tired of dancing.

Set a call yesterday with the GI doctor, my gastroparesis has worsened. He called at 9am. Discussion. Then he says “you not going to like what I’m going to say”. Yup, I already had an ideal what he would say. More testing, then surgery. He’s right I didn’t like it.

Then, yesterday was having a lot of chest pain, pressure. Sent a message to my doctor that if it kept up, I’d go to the instantcare and get an EKG. Docs not in but her PA sent back a message come in, we will do it here. 🤦🏻‍♀️ 45 minute drive due to traffic. I get the EKG.

She says it’s fine, np. Alrighty then. I get a lot of irregular heart beats, some of the cause chest pain/pressure. I’m not worried until she says “but let’s have you do a two week ekg.” 🤦🏻‍♀️ What? Ok so she saw something on the ekg, and she doesn’t want to say what. I say no. Then she says, well, you see your heart doc in December. I can call him and get that appointment set up sooner. Hmm, nope.

So now I will have more GI testing and then probably surgery. I’ve had a small bowel constriction since 2018 and if it’s still there “we’ll have to fix that”. Plus maybe surgery on my stomach as well. Then hip replacement, then the breast biopsy. Oh joy. Course heart doctor has to approve it all.

This is why my husband can never retire. I have had 23 surgeries. I need our medical coverage.

Last edited:
Oh, @Aneeda72. So sorry to see this! Just reading it is exhausting; I can't imagine how you feel with the reality. :( Prayers, positive energy, cyber hugs -- sending them your way. I'm so glad we all have each other here for the bad times. 💕

8TxrGxAoc.gif

Last edited:
So I have bradycardia and my heart rate is usually 52 on average. It can go down to 35 while I’m up and walking around and it does not bother me. But this is one of the reasons I’m tired all the time. I really am not lazy.

SVT makes your heart rate fast and I have SVT every day but when it goesover 150 I get symptoms. It was 166 for a while the other day and I believe that’s while my chest kept hurting to much. I often go up to 200 bpm, and a couple times have hit 300.

On a 48 hour EKG, I had over 1500 irregular heart rates. It drives me crazy when I have so many because I can feel them. My doctor says most people can’t feel them, but a few, like me, can. 🤦🏻‍♀️ I also have AFIB. So, when the chest pain lasts a while I have to get an EKG.

I have already had two colon resections. But the new surgery, if needed, will be on the small bowel. You actually can do with out the colon, but the small bowel you need. And I HATE drinking the barium, 🤮. Torture.

Thanks for the support.

I find as I get older I need more and more support to get this medical crap done. I wonder why that is? It’s so hard for me. I don’t understand why a perfectly healthy child dies of the virus and I keep going despite all my medical challenges.

What is God’s plan in all this? I find the Bible severely lacking in areas like this, and have to remind myself it was written by men a long time ago who had no clue about what our current world would be like.

Back