A two headed kitten named Duo

PVC

I think it would be more humane to put it to sleep, it's own mother rejected her (nature at work). But, one other two headed cat made it to 15.

What do you think?

Marie5656

I'm awake. Best I can hope for.
Tough decision to make. Health issues seem tragic. I think if the health issues..siezures, feeding adversely affect its quality of life, then a humane euthinazion is best. But then, its new owner is a vet. My first thought is there are conjoined humans, who live well. But then the humans can better understand the situation.

SeaBreeze

Endlessly Groovin'
From looking at the cat and knowing the obvious difficulties the kitten is suffering with, including other health problems, I think it would be kinder to put it to sleep. It seems to me the kitten is suffering and does not have a good quality of life. :(

Ruth n Jersey

The fighting for food upsets me and makes me wonder if keeping this cat alive is the right thing to do, yet they say it is happy and likes to play. This poor little thing doesn't know it is different and doesn't feel sadness due to its situation.
Maybe waiting awhile to see if the cat can adapt and remain content would be best. I'm glad there is a Vet caring for the kitten and will do the right thing in the future.

Reactions: PVC

PVC

Original Poster
I am not ashamed to admit I was crying when watching her struggle to walk and eat, yet she was playful and curious like baby kittens can be and just loved being neck scratched. It is such an awful shame!

Marie5656

I'm awake. Best I can hope for.
I am going to add an addendum to my post. The video in your link was no longer available. After my post, I went to find a video. Pretty sad to see the kitten struggle. I think it would be best to let her go.

Aunt Bea

I agree that it's a tough call.

The phrase in the video humans had to intervene makes me think that they should have let nature take its course.

Then the question becomes where do we draw the line.

PVC

Original Poster
Frank-and-Louie also had two faces. These "Janus cats'' usually only live less than a week but F&L made it to 15, is in Guinness. Usually one head is dominant and takes over. Frank was the dominant face (on the right side). In Duo's case, the left side face seems dominant (?).

Last edited: