A word that you detest

Using the word 'YO' at the beginning to get your attention instead of saying 'excuse me,...'
Just sounds like the speaker thinks they are more important than I am and I should stop any movement and engage them.

I number of ads. on TV seem to have the notion that 'Happy' is a noun. For example , the estate agent 'Rightmove' describes finding your ideal house as "find your 'Happy". Aghhhhhh.
I also detest "furkid" which I assume to mean "pet". It suggests an animal as a substitute for a child.

I just watched a news clip with a legal analyst stating that if someone says, "to be honest" it is a red flag they are trying to convince you to believe them. Chances are they are NOT being honest. Interesting, as it related to the Alex Murdaugh case.....

I detest hearing this phrase, and always have. It turns me off.

I just watched a news clip with a legal analyst stating that if someone says, "to be honest" it is a red flag they are trying to convince you to believe them. Chances are they are NOT being honest. Interesting, as it related to the Alex Murdaugh case.....

I detest hearing this phrase, and always have. It turns me off.
Note to self: Don't say "to be honest" if @Right Now is in the room. 🤪
I'll admit I say that sometimes, but it's not to convince anyone to believe me... for me it's more like saying "this is the way I feel." Now the one that sets off the red flag for me that's kind of the same is "I'm not lying." Pretty much tells me they probably are. :unsure:

To build on what @Right Now posted, I see a red flag when I hear, "trust me".
My thought process when I hear "trust me" goes something like this"
Person: Trust me
My thought pattern: Why wouldn't I trust you? Wait! Why should you have to tell me to trust you if you're trustworthy? Why would the question of trusting you even come up? No, I don't think I can trust you."

Hehe It's not easy living inside my head! 😁

Note to self: Don't say "to be honest" if @Right Now is in the room. 🤪
I'll admit I say that sometimes, but it's not to convince anyone to believe me... for me it's more like saying "this is the way I feel." Now the one that sets off the red flag for me that's kind of the same is "I'm not lying." Pretty much tells me they probably are. :unsure:
You might be one of the few who wouldn't bother me with that expression,
'cuz I know you are truthful.

Should - a word used by abusive people placing unrealistic expectations or to imitate them against what we want to do. Especially with an attitude. This word used frequently by abusive ex-wives and past girlfriends.

I number of ads. on TV seem to have the notion that 'Happy' is a noun. For example , the estate agent 'Rightmove' describes finding your ideal house as "find your 'Happy". Aghhhhhh.
I also detest "furkid" which I assume to mean "pet". It suggests an animal as a substitute for a child.
Advert “ GO COMPARED “…MAKES ME SCREAM…LOL

Back