Adult Children living at home

My youngest daughter (49)and her youngest daughter(14) had to move in with us back in May of last year. This was due to boyfriend whacking on her. My GD is bipolar has asbergers...and a host of other issues.
It is a nightmare . I cannot wait until they are gone come May. We are having a party ...literally😜

if it works for anyone then its fine ---but personally I was pleased not to have cleaned up behind them every day '
missed them badly at first then it was sheer heaven - clean tidy home ' but I do think living with family can cause problems
in the end ' and it nice to have closeness again between you both ' kids have to learn to stand on their own feet .

All our 4 sons moved out aged 18, bought there own flats, and worked up from there , with.lots of help from there father ....

We have 5 kids, and 2 of them returned home for a short time after "failure to launch". We have great kids and I hope they ALL know that they are welcome to come home anytime they should need to. They are all grown with their own families and homes now, but they are unequivocally welcome home no matter what the circumstances.

Kids have to sort there own problems out, not keep coming home.....
i cant believe the amount of kids, still living at home aged 35–40...
once my boys left home, they dont come back..........

Much of the criticism of adult kids living at home comes from the "Misery Loves Company" mindset, as well as jealousy.
Frequently, adults who had to struggle want others to struggle as they have.

My cousin is an orthopedic surgeon. He lived at home while he was in medical school, so he could devote all his time to studying & he became one of the youngest surgeons. Many of his classmates hated him because they couldn't live at home & had to work part time. They made comments like, "Look at the rich kid who lives with mommy & daddy & has it easy."

My nephew is a successful commercial artist for the movie & comic industry & a professor. He also lived at home during his education. Same issue -some of his classmates who had to struggle hated him. He moved out when he could afford to buy a house at 28. A really nice house.

Many parents are the same way; they want their kids to struggle & suffer as they have.

Much of the criticism of adult kids living at home comes from the "Misery Loves Company" mindset, as well as jealousy.
Frequently, adults who had to struggle want others to struggle as they have.

My cousin is an orthopedic surgeon. He lived at home while he was in medical school, so he could devote all his time to studying & he became one of the youngest surgeons. Many of his classmates hated him because they couldn't live at home & had to work part time. They made comments like, "Look at the rich kid who lives with mommy & daddy & has it easy."

My nephew is a successful commercial artist for the movie & comic industry & a professor. He also lived at home during his education. Same issue -some of his classmates who had to struggle hated him. He moved out when he could afford to buy a house at 28. A really nice house.

Many parents are the same way; they want their kids to struggle & suffer as they have.
Success is the best revenge...👍

My oldest daughter, age 25, still lives at home. She graduated college with student loan debt but has a very good job and is paying it off. I love having her at home; she and I are very much alike and enjoy doing things together. When she decides to leave the nest, I will miss her deeply. My youngest daughter, age 22, left home at 19 to move in with her boyfriend. They are still together and visit often since they're only about 3 miles away.

What a lovely arrangement! This amicable way of living is a must in times of flux. Multigenerational homes were very common some decades earlier. I think although it became popular to move out and start nuclear families, multigen homes are making a comeback.

Back