Advice for younger?

heklind

It's my 1st post so hi everyone.
I'm not "old", but I think it's the best place to ask.
I'm 25. I like to watch to old movies, listen to old songs, i love it. Makes me feel so... happy. Very often i have a feeling that i have been born in wrong times. Did any of you had simmilar feeling back when you were at my age? (I was going to say "in childhood", but actually I'm not a kid anymore..).
I'm just thinking if it's related to the times we are living in now, or it's just me, or it doesn't really matter. Anyway.. Now, when you have so many memories, so much life experience, you remember old (young) times, what advice would you give me, to have a possibly the best life? What is making the life better, that difference which makes you happy about it after a years?
Or what in your opinion people do wrong now? what is the difference between now and then that makes old times better (if so)? Just want to listen to people who really know something about life, and i think it's the best place..
Sorry for poor language

Here's the best advice I can give you which is there are no shortcuts for learning about life.

And there is no one "best" life. Again, living life and learning from that is the way to go.

Also, trust, but verify.

If you are just 25, I'll give you the same advice I've given our children/grandchildren.

NUMBER 1...Budget your spending and income Wisely...and begin a Savings program ASAP. By the time you reach age 65, you will be living in a far different world than today. Social Security will be just another "welfare" program for those who have little or no assets. Company pensions will most probably be History. Only those with an IRA. or some other form of long term investment strategy will be able to live decently in retirement.

NUMBER 2. Take good care of your Health. Maintain a good body weight, eat properly and get plenty of exercise. Avoid Drugs...even though Marijuana is becoming increasingly legal, fooling around with it, or any other drugs...AND excess consumption of alcohol...will insure that you will be spending much of your time and money on doctors and prescription drugs, as you get older.

NUMBER 3. If/When you decide to marry, choose your partner Wisely. Divorce is probably one of the biggest reasons why so many people wind up living from paycheck to paycheck.

There are probably dozens more things to consider when young, but these 3, in my experience, seem to be the biggest factors in determining what kind of life you will lead when you get to retirement age.

what advice would you give me, to have a possibly the best life? What is making the life better, that difference which makes you happy about it after a years?
Or what in your opinion people do wrong now? what is the difference between now and then that makes old times better (if so)? Just want to listen to people who really know something about life, and i think it's the best place..

Do whatever you desire to do….. now
Don’t marry ‘til you do

especially if you find yerself befriending monks in somewhere Tibet

ow2MoaH.jpg

Yer a bit late, yet still have plenty of time, but best get to it
You’ll garner enough memories to bore the crap outa yer grandkids later on

It’s always good to get paid for doing what you like to do, no matter how paltry

I’ve got more, but need to see another post from you before I lay down anymore advice

All that Don M. said and I'll add two more - buy an electric toothbrush and use it faithfully and take good care of your internal plumbing.

My advice is to pay attention to the good personal finance and health advice previously posted on this topic. Whatever your "brave new world" has in store for you, make sure you are physically and financially prepared to face it.

As for me, the current degenerate world order is totally alien to me and I prefer to interact with it as little as possible. Thank God, He has blessed me with the financial and physical means to live separate and independent of it.

A neighbour who was a policeman had a bumper sticker on his car :- "Do it today, tomorrow there may be a law against it".
Don't get hung up on medical or health advice, it changes every day and you'll only get confused. Everything in moderation and you'll be OK. Don't put your faith in some mythical deity. Your life is in your own hands and you make your own luck.

Other than that, listen to this

My considered advice would be to ignore all the advice you see in this thread and do what makes sense to you. And, to quote an old Janis Joplin song, "get it while you can".

Back