Aliens, UFOs, UAPs...

Tuskegee is not ancient history if it ended in 1972 @Jim W. 50 years ago is not ancient history. Any event that happened in one's life time is not ancient history.

I guess I just assumed you understood what sarcasm is.

OK, I'll play along...

Yes, you are correct. Fifty years ago is not technically "ancient history".

Fine. You got me there. Congrats.

But.... fifty years ago IS a lifetime ago. And since that one ill conceived experiment, the US Government has not engaged in any other such "nefarious" projects that anyone knows of.

Which actually has me believing something might be there. In the past its always been deny, deny, deny.
Part of the mythology why is that the general population couldn't handle the fact they are not the only "intelligent" life out there with technology. And it would destablize populations united by religion. Ie kaos or anarachy would follow.

But the constant denials could be to cover up experiments. Sometimes I wonder if they purposely plant fabricated pictures, film etc or release just enough of actual experiments to make it unexplainable. My guess they got pieces of or information on alien tech and have run more than few experiments/test over the years.

Last edited:
I guess I just assumed you understood what sarcasm is.
OK, I'll play along...

Yes, you are correct. Fifty years ago is not technically "ancient history".
Fine. You got me there. Congrats.

But.... fifty years ago IS a lifetime ago. And since that one ill conceived experiment, the US Government has not engaged in any other such "nefarious" projects that anyone knows of.
I don't want to "get you." However, Jim, your attitude is unnecessarily rude.

Part of the mythology why is that the general population couldn't handle the fact they are not the only "intelligent" life out there with technology. And it would destablize populations united by religion. Ie kaos or anarachy would follow.

But the constant denials could be to cover up experiments. Sometimes I wonder if they purposely plant fabricated pictures, film etc or release just enough of actual experiments to make it unexplainable. My guess they got pieces of or information on alien tech and have run more than few experiments/test over the years.
The fun is in the speculation, isn't it? ;)

It's kinda like speculating about God, the creation of the universe, why we're here and what, if anything, lies beyond.

My guess is that there are probably countless other life forms in the universe (or multiverse if you subscribe to certain quantum physics theories) some of them intelligent, some of them primitive, some of them friendly and peaceful, some of them hostile and warlike.

If they have visited us, or are actively visiting us, I doubt the government has much more, if any, evidence than they are letting on.

Maybe the aliens are waiting for humans' acclimation to and acceptance of advanced technology to reach the point where we can accept the knowledge that alien civilizations exist and can roam the universe(s) freely.

Then maybe they will begin to appear to us and assist us with the issues we have been facing.

Maybe we are in a stage or a phase that all "human" worlds throughout the universe(s) go through.

Maybe we are in effect "children" who have to "grow up" and reach a certain level of maturity before the heretofore unknown secrets of the universe(s) are revealed to us.

Kinda like waiting until a certain age to tell your children about the birds and the bees and that there's no Santa Claus, etc.

Just ruminating here.... :unsure:

It is in part, Christianity's influence on the govt. protecting the biblical version of creation. In present day does anyone believe the discovery of intelligent life elsewhere would trigger a worldwide panic?

It is in part, Christianity's influence on the govt. protecting the biblical version of creation. In present day does anyone believe the discovery of intelligent life elsewhere would trigger a worldwide panic?
I agree re: the Biblical influence over the govt's unwillingness to accept something that goes against the long history of religious doctrine.

Actually could work as a rallying event as in it's us (all of us) against them

God's Biblical Word is concerned with the lives of us Earthlings. If there are intelligent beings on other planets, why would God bring them up in the Bible when He knew we humans would have a hard enough time just dealing with/following what He teaches us in the Bible?? :) True UFO sightings? Could be, but at this time for me it's only an interesting possibility.

God's Biblical Word is concerned with the lives of us Earthlings. If there are intelligent beings on other planets, why would God bring them up in the Bible when He knew we humans would have a hard enough time just dealing with/following what He teaches us in the Bible?? :) True UFO sightings? Could be, but at this time for me it's only an interesting possibility.
All that may or may not be true, depending upon whether or not the Bible is an accurate accounting of history or just the biggest and longest running myth in the history of mankind. Each person must decide that for themselves.

But I think the point made earlier about Biblical influence on the dissemination of information regarding the possibility of aliens having visited Earth, has to do with not offending the believers, followers and adherents of Bible based Christian faiths who make up a large percentage of western society and who also vote.

Politicians and political leaders are notoriously loathe to offend people who vote.

Loathe to offend people who vote.........must drive them nuts researching who is more likely to vote, atheists or Christians, etc. I'm betting Christians. I'm a Christian and the "....dissemination of information regarding the possibility of aliens having visited Earth....", does not offend me, that would be silly.

"There are more things in heaven and Earth, Horatio A phrase used by the title character in the play Hamlet, by William Shakespeare. Hamlet suggests that human knowledge is limited: There are more things in heaven and Earth, Horatio, / Than are dreamt of in your philosophy [science]. :)

Loathe to offend people who vote.........must drive them nuts researching who is more likely to vote, atheists or Christians, etc. I'm betting Christians. I'm a Christian and the "....dissemination of information regarding the possibility of aliens having visited Earth....", does not offend me, that would be silly.

"There are more things in heaven and Earth, Horatio A phrase used by the title character in the play Hamlet, by William Shakespeare. Hamlet suggests that human knowledge is limited: There are more things in heaven and Earth, Horatio, / Than are dreamt of in your philosophy [science]. :)
It's good that you are not easily offended. Not enough of those types nowadays.

But as a group, I would imagine that any time the govt gets behind or espouses or makes claims that support a belief in things that go against the Bible or contradicts the Bible's version of creation etc, they would tend to start getting resentful.

Christians do seem to have a marked preference for political leaders who share their beliefs in that particular realm.

"...Christians do seem to have a marked preference for political leaders who share their beliefs in that particular realm..."
I do, or did until a supposed Christian got elected. I read that some of his political views .... learned after his departure from the presidency are apart from God's Word. And I had voted for the guy! I still hope for common sense Christian decisions in whomever runs for the presidency, but that's no longer first in what I look for. Anyway, Bible scripture is interpreted with various outlooks by Christians, which can determine whom they vote for.

unless there is some reallllly strange physics involved I dont believe these little things we see and imagine are alien space craft. to small to travel the vast distances from there to here across the universe. not big enough to carry the necessities for life(unless suspended animation) or fuel(again strange physics) like einstein rosen bridge(wormhole) or an invisible to our detection means of a mother ship. the 'first' ufo were sighted over mount rainier and missed named ever since.
the pilot that sighted those stated they acted like a saucer in the air, the way they weaved back and forth thus the saucer name for all things alien. actually what he saw and later mentioned was a flight of canade geese. and of course the media picked up on the UFO aspect. way back in the 50's I recall seeing many videos of odd flying things. I actually saw a UFO while at a drive in theatre.

the bugs were flying around in the light from the projector and flew in circles or arcs when out of the corner of my eye I saw one make a complete 90 degree turn unlike all the other bugs.
There have been plenty of reports of huge crafts, most notably the Phoenix Lights incident. A massive craft that traveled over three or four states was seen by thousands of people, including Arizona's (then) governor who was a pilot and award winning air force officer. The craft was filmed by Dr. Lynn who is interviewed in these videos. Witnesses told of a craft at least a mile wide that flew silently over them at a very low altitude. This case has been studied extensively and is one of the ones I'm most fascinated with.

Last edited:
I personally believe that Aliens have not visited or even been in the Earth's vicinity, or even our Galaxy, period. If they have visited us, then that must include the capacity to navigate the Universe. Why choose just us? How would they know we support life? If they have visited from distant galaxies away, and have not contacted us, does that make sense?
I always thought that any civilization advanced enough to get here would be smart enough not to try to visit us. For sure if aliens landed in the U.S. someone would immediately open fire and try to steal their spaceship. It's more likely that the advanced civilizations use Earth as a large insane asylum. 😬

I always thought that any civilization advanced enough to get here would be smart enough not to try to visit us. For sure if aliens landed in the U.S. someone would immediately open fire and try to steal their spaceship. It's more likely that the advanced civilizations use Earth as a large insane asylum. 😬
Brilliant observation!

Back