All this nice weather and we can’t go anywhere

Wow, That is simply incredible. You put a ton of work into your website and it is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you so much. As I went along, I improved the stories, especially by adding maps of our travels so people could see where we were. Sadly, the software was no longer available, and I was not in any mood to develop a new website. As a bonus for you, here is our 2019 Alaska trip.

Attachments

• ALASKA APRIL 2019.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 6
Our timeshare, located in an oceanfront resort hotel. was closed for a few weeks after CV19 first hit so hard. Now it's back open with some restrictions. I don't drive therefore take public transportation. If the bus that runs directly to Atlantic City (N.J.) resumes pickups in my neighborhood, I will take that down and take a Lyft back home. It's better than taking a bus into New York Port Authority, then another from there to A.C. and following the process in reverse to get back home. My next stay is my annual free week (really it's prepaid), so even with the cost of Lyft, it will still be a very inexpensive vacation. I used to be able to take the free shuttle to the grocery store and shop for the week but I don't know if that will be running. If not, there is a restaurant and cafe on site (now offering take out), as well as a mini mart. There is also a larger mart that sells groceries and meals and soul food restaurant in a little strip that's within walking distance. I'm also able to bring a couple of things I can make to last me a couple of days since there's a fully stocked kitchenette. I can't wait to get back down there. Last year I went for six weeks (not concurrent).

Thank you so much. As I went along, I improved the stories, especially by adding maps of our travels so people could see where we were. Sadly, the software was no longer available, and I was not in any mood to develop a new website. As a bonus for you, here is our 2019 Alaska trip.
I just noticed this! I was able to download it as a PDF so now I can take my time to look over it. Already I can see that there are lots of interesting photos and I'll enjoy reading about your adventures. Thank you for sharing.

Been loading up Margo (our long range motor home) because I'm ready too hit the road for some solitude.
Solar panels are charging the new batteries, extend-a-stay LP valve is hooked up, new sneakers on the front wheels, trailer bearings are greased, and :) and mamma's packing the inside essentials.
Going toward the northwest this time, and maybe drop into Utah and hit the Arches National park.

DSC01354.JPG DSC01257.JPG 118373908_10218725640680900_8217903264623671677_n.jpg

Been loading up Margo (our long range motor home) because I'm ready too hit the road for some solitude.
Solar panels are charging the new batteries, extend-a-stay LP valve is hooked up, new sneakers on the front wheels, trailer bearings are greased, and :) and mamma's packing the inside essentials.
Going toward the northwest this time, and maybe drop into Utah and hit the Arches National park.

View attachment 119400 View attachment 119403 View attachment 119406
You will like arches and there are a lot of other national parks in that area, but it’s hot hot hot. If you decide to see/walk the slot canyons make sure to check the weather above in SLC etc. No rain in a long time, but if it does you do not want to be in one of those canyons. Have fun!

I just noticed this! I was able to download it as a PDF so now I can take my time to look over it. Already I can see that there are lots of interesting photos and I'll enjoy reading about your adventures. Thank you for sharing.
All my trip stories are in PDF. I use Adobe Distiller to shrink the Word files so they can be downloaded. I can take a 20 MB Word file with all the pictures and shrink it to about a 2MB PDF file.
By the way, all the trip stories on our website are in PDF so they can be downloaded and saved.

Last edited:
I retired here in February... just before COVID-19 roped us all in. I live 2 blocks from the water so I always feel like I’m on vacation. I am full of gratitude and breath deeply fresh Pacific Ocean air everyday.

I read there are cruise ships starting up for travel... they couldn’t pay me to travel with them with what’s going on.

Finding peace at home...

Attachments

• 43686331-4557-4472-B17D-6445C57AAC84.jpeg
    43686331-4557-4472-B17D-6445C57AAC84.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 1

I read there are cruise ships starting up for travel... they couldn’t pay me to travel with them with what’s going on.
Do you mean the floating Petri dishes? We have cruise credits from a cancelled cruise good through 2021, and i do not think we will use them.

I retired here in February... just before COVID-19 roped us all in. I live 2 blocks from the water so I always feel like I’m on vacation. I am full of gratitude and breath deeply fresh Pacific Ocean air everyday.

Finding peace at home...
Love the scene Hireath! I am so glad we took our family reunion cruise last year. Taking a cruise was on my bucket list so it was my first and believe me, it was my last. Even back then, I was a little apprehensive because of other cruise horror stories that had taken place, so I was glad we had no issues during the cruise.

Do you mean the floating Petri dishes? We have cruise credits from a cancelled cruise good through 2021, and i do not think we will use them.
Two of my girlfriends and I from old high school days had planned on getting together and taking a late summer (now) cruise to Alaska... needless to say that did not happen. All 3 of us have never been on a cruise ship so we were all excited about going until the virus happened.

Two of my girlfriends and I from old high school days had planned on getting together and taking a late summer (now) cruise to Alaska... needless to say that did not happen. All 3 of us have never been on a cruise ship so we were all excited about going until the virus happened.
Dear Hiraeth,
I have attached the story of our Alaska cruise last year so you can get an idea when you do go.

Attachments

• ALASKA APRIL 2019.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 2
I was heading on vacation this month, but the flights (both direction) were cancelled 36 hours in advance. I enjoyed the sunshine at home. I live hear a state park lake and have been spending a lot of time there this summer. The grandkids have visited just to go swimming because the pools/lakes are closed in their respective states. I got my camping gear out for the first time in a few years and camped for 5 days with two grandkids.... kinda a bad idea... it rained a LOT. :oops:

Back