An Amazing Crystal

Paco Dennis

SF VIP
dbafb880e959f36b7584db410616e7b8.jpg

Do you know what it is. Looks like amethyst. Very pretty.

I don't. I just think they are amazing. I have been around some crystal experts and they can get pretty involved in their stories. From science to myth they have captured our imagination for sure...and your probably right. I wondered if there were actually 3 distinct crystals at one point, but decided no, it is one beauty.

I don't. I just think they are amazing. I have been around some crystal experts and they can get pretty involved in their stories. From science to myth they have captured our imagination for sure...and your probably right. I wondered if there were actually 3 distinct crystals at one point, but decided no, it is one beauty.
Hi Paco, I studied with GIA for a while. Colored stones only but this looks different to me, lab created maybe. They are a lot of manmade and altered stones these days. Heat is used and other mean now I suspect. I had a really nice lab created sapphire boule but I don't know what happened to all my minerals and course materials. I was a bit nomadic in the early days. LOL I had a nice second hand microscope too. :giggle:

Back