An interesting guest

The last two evenings, I've seen a wild rabbit in my backyard. It seems to like to nibble on the houseplants I've put outdoors for the summer, especially the asparagus fern.

bunny 6-1-18a.jpgbunny 6-1-18b.jpgbunny 6-1-18c.jpg

Oh a bunny! I love bunnies.
Yep! Maybe a carrot is a good idea otherwise your ferns will be history.
We get lots of bunnies around here but the dogs chase them away

If that is the output from one small critter, it must have been firing pellets like a shot-gun.

My suggestion is that if you encounter the beast, do not stand behind it.

:lol:
Toorbulite, it looks exactly like what a goat produces, but I'm pretty sure there are no goats running loose in town. For a goat at least, it doesn't shoot out, it just falls out and drops down. (Maybe I can find a video on YouTube. :playful:) The only difference for rabbit and deer is it's smaller.

Cute rabbit.
I have a lot of rabbits in my yard.
They like hiding under the big plants.
I have water out back for them and the squirrels.
It's so cute when they're out there together getting along.

I was mowing the lawn this morning and a little bunny hopped out of some garlic mustard plants and disappeared under more plants on the other side of the yard. Maybe the larger rabbit is a doe with babies around.

I used to see a couple of bunnies in my yard, but have not seen them in a while. There is a wooded area across the street, so we see many critters. The other day I was cleaning out the bird feeder and deciding if I wanted to fill it again, or bring it inside for summer. Something made me look up and there on my roof was a row of birds, all eying me intently. Decided to fill it one more time. I am such a sucker.

We have several young rabbits on the grounds of the apartment complex where I live.

The rabbits have taken a keen interest in one of the neighboring homes vegetable gardens and the homeowner has now taken an interest in the rabbits.

The last few nights around dusk I've watched the man chase the little rabbits. He hollers, claps his hands, throws his sandals at them and never gets within ten feet of them.

The rabbits seem to enjoy the game as much as they enjoy the treats from his garden. :playful:

Be careful what you wish for.
58273920-722e-4791-9dae-c472526484de_original.jpg

My wife feeds 2 or 3 every morning..One comes right up to the back door and waits for her!!

I don't believe in feeding wild animals. They become trusting and dependent on humans; not a good idea in my opinion. Not everyone is friendly to critters. A friend of mine actually traps rabbits, woodchucks, squirrels and chipmunks. She says they are a nuisance, but she has a garden. I find them fun to watch since I have no plants to worry about them damaging.

Back