Another Garden-Variety Old Fart Newbie

Welcome from central New Hampshire, Jon. Back when I worked in animal health we had a research and testing lab in North Grafton. Been there many times.

Welcome from central New Hampshire, Jon. Back when I worked in animal health we had a research and testing lab in North Grafton. Been there many times.
Thank you for the welcome. Would that have been at Tuft's Cummings School?

Hi, Jon and welcome to Senior forums! This is a place where you can just be yourself.....unless you want to be someone else.....then you can do that. I am sure you will adjust nicely!
lighthouse-cliffs-welcome-sign.JPG

I once interviewed for a job in MN with St. Paul Fire & Marine. The interview consisted of mostly spending time with the company shrink (yes, they had a psychiatrist on staff - first and last one I ever encountered). I didn't get the job because he said I was too aggressive. I asked how he came to that conclusion. They said it was because I rode motorcycles and drove a (68) Dodge Charger. It is pretty rare that you'd ever find a motorcycle rider at a shrink's office.

Jon Douglas ~That's the first time I ever heard of a psychiatrist at a job interview! Were you dressed in your cycle riding clothes? ;)
LOL, no - just an ordinarily conservative suit and tie of the type preferred by crusty insurance executives at the time. The shrink bit surprise me also. As I recall, he did a Rorshach, Kuder Preferential and some other stuff before arriving at a conclusion about the meaning my wheels.

Last edited:
@Lara said in her signature line: ❄ Let There Be Peace on Earth, Goodwill Toward Men ❄

What about women? No goodwill to me?

Back