Another Killing

Aunt be "this type of thing" shouldn't happen regardless. How the HELL do you mistake a gun for a taser? That's just not a reasonable excuse. You mean to tell me a 26 year veteran of the force can't tell the difference? And she was teaching another officer??!! She shouldn't have been on the force if she can't tell the difference! This is not to say I don't disagree with you about complying with the police. But as I noted in a couple of other threads, even Black people who have complied have been injured or killed at the hands of the police.
I just this moment saw the statistics on TV that this year in the US, 109 white men were killed by police while 55 black men were killed by police. This is criminal who as Aunt Bea said ",won't comply" with the arrest. IMO: It wasn't intentional. It was a fatal mistake. She was in a panic to contain the suspect. But, the court has made it's call. It's terribly sad that this happened.

Why are the police criminalized and demonized while the criminals are " martyrs"? This is a high-stress, terribly dangerous job!

She was in a panic to contain the suspect.
Then, she is in the wrong line of work. Cops can't panic. Maybe for 26 years she was in a cushy position and this case was unique and she wasn't used to it.

Cops can't panic, and they shouldn't be so fat either. It's sloppy and it interferes with the job.

You know you're getting old when you love cops. Generally speaking, I love cops.

Then, she is in the wrong line of work. Cops can't panic. Maybe for 26 years she was in a cushy position and this case was unique and she wasn't used to it.

Cops can't panic, and they shouldn't be so fat either. It's sloppy and it interferes with the job.

You know you're getting old when you love cops. Generally speaking, I love cops.
I have a great respect for law enforcement.
I feel bad that I stuck a banana in the exhaust of a police car when i was 13 years old.
but I'm older now.

I just this moment saw the statistics on TV that this year in the US, 109 white men were killed by police while 55 black men were killed by police. This is criminal who as Aunt Bea said ",won't comply" with the arrest. IMO: It wasn't intentional. It was a fatal mistake. She was in a panic to contain the suspect. But, the court has made it's call. It's terribly sad that this happened.

Why are the police criminalized and demonized while the criminals are " martyrs"? This is a high-stress, terribly dangerous job!
When it comes to statistics posting raw numbers is a red herring. The intention is downright misleading. What is the percentage of white people in the US? Something like 76% and Black people 13%.

What we have in this country is bad policing. Police and their unyielding supporters never look within. They are content to blame everything and everybody else. None of the blame is theirs. In this particular case, a veteran who is also a trainer exercised poor judgement and was downright negligent.

Last edited:
Why do you think that is?
I'll tell you what I think it is.

Too many guns out there today, and too many people too overly eager to settle scores using them.

Everything in our world today has become disposable, human life included.

• Someone stole my parking place, pull your gun.
  • Someone cut me off, pull you gun.
  • Someone confronted me in Walmart related to me not wearing a mask, pull your gun.

It's become too easy.

But hey, from all that I can see, the second amendment is working well, and that's the main thing.

Too many guns out there today, and too many people too overly eager to settle scores using them.

• Someone confronted me in Walmart related to me not wearing a mask, pull your gun.

It's become too easy.

But hey, from all that I can see, the second amendment is working well, and that's the main thing.

One side teeters, the other totters. Like the song said, "A compromise would surely help the situation". We had the Missouri compromise and the Kansas-Nebraska Act!

Weapons like the so called assault rifles may continue to be made, but that does not mean the gun shops need to sell them, but then the cash register does not ching ching as much.

It's become too easy.

Sounds like you should stay home. (lol)

Actually, the FBI put out a report on this subject maybe 5 or 6 years ago. According to their findings, people who live in the larger cities of 500,000 plus, have cultural differences than those who live in smaller cities. Most people living in larger cities keep guns on hand for protection, but not just against intruders. People who sell illicit drugs carry guns to protect their assets. Many carry large amounts of cash. Robberies are up and so are murders. For some, killing is a way of life.

It’s like everything else in large cities. There’s more of everything, including crime.

This was a very tragic accident and it's happened a number of times before, the Oscar Grant shooting comes to mind and was very similar. Anytime a weapon is drawn in an already stressful situation the chances of something going wrong skyrocket like a falcon-9 regardless of how much training anyone has had. Training and experience does lower, but not eliminate, these odds. Sadly, the victims own behavior in a police situation puts a share of the blame on him. I feel badly for the victim, the officer and both families, tragic for everyone involved.

Back