Another new kid in town

Red Cinders

Hello all! I've read a little of this forum over the past year but finally just got around to signing up. Talk about being a procrastinator! :) I live with my husband and our two twelve-year-old puppies in Central Florida.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Hello Red Cinders; welcome aboard! I have only been in Florida one time when I drove a 1975 Chevy Vega all the way from Central Canada to Key West. It was quite a trip with a major stop at Nashville to see the Grand Ole' Opry. Those were days when Bill Monroe, Hank Snow, Little Jimmy Dickens & Roy Acuff were still alive. I went back a couple of decades later & it wasn't the same. New generation of singers. You know, torn jeans & under shirt; pretending to be "country boys." HA! I visited Cape Kennedy in Florida & Disney World when my kiddies were small. I remember a huge screen showing Micheal Jackson doing his space walk thing. I enjoyed Miami & went to a restaurant in the Cuban area. I remember it as a nice state but I felt that it was a bit over-crowded. The drive over all those bridges to Key West was really something. Again, welcome Red Cinders! I hope you like us; we promise not to bite. LOL

Hi Red Cinders, if you've been reading the forum for the last year you're gonna be pretty au fait with most of us here already, so its nice to have you join us... :giggle:

Welcomedogcat.gif

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. It is much appreciated.

Gennie, nice to meet a neighbor. Yes, today was beautiful. I used it to get some yard work done but am now feeling the aches that go along with it.

Packerjohn, my brother's first car was a used Chevy Vega and it did last him a few years. I didn't think anyone remembered those cars anymore. I'm not sure I would have been as brave as you to drive it that far. I was always better at shifting it than him, but don't tell him that. ;)

Pinky, our "puppies" are cocker spaniels. I always think of them as young because they still run and play like they always have. I guess I don't like to think they're getting older every year too. I see you're in Toronto. I'm looking forward to getting the latest season of Murdoch Mysteries on Christmas Day via Acorntv. I love all of the great mysteries from around the world but Murdoch is one of my favorites.

Thanks again to all for the welcome!

Welcome from New Jersey.
I may be housted out of here for my not too welcomed reply to dating thread. Ostracized has become my middle name....oh these holidays. Daughters said they went out to eat at restaurant and ???? Boo hoo for me...I had a anxiety attack at the bank.....water and Kleenex....and $60.00 màde me feel better....yikes this growing old gracefully isn't working for me....too good. Less said.....I'm learning guys....still...,.don't throw me overboard. Just. Yet....

Back