Another phishing scheme email

Nathan

SF VIP
...supposedly from Microsoft, maybe it actually is, but the amusing thing is that I don't use Microsoft anything, nada. Phishing schemes typically concoct some ploy to get you to click on their "customer service" link in the text or email....nope!

Attachments

• Screenshot at 2024-01-19 08-41-27.jpg
    Screenshot at 2024-01-19 08-41-27.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 7
...supposedly from Microsoft, maybe it actually is, but the amusing thing is that I don't use Microsoft anything, nada. Phishing schemes typically concoct some ploy to get you to click on their "customer service" link in the text or email....nope!
Yep I get it too, and I don't use Microsoft either...

I've gotten that, more than once. I ignored it, although I use MS. Smelled bad.

Lately I've gotten a few emailed fraud alerts claiming that someone is charging meals in India on my Credit Card, and they want me to click and sign in to the Card's security center through their links to tell them to issue me a new Card (I won't use their links). Funny thing is that when I sign into my actual Credit Card's site, there is no record of any pending or declined charges on my Card, nor is there any record of my Credit Card company sending me any security alerts or e-mails.

These scammers have gotten very sophisticated. Be careful in trusting anything you might receive or click on within a text or e-mail.

Unless I'm expecting the email, I assume ALL email I get is phishing.

Back