Any birders out there?

I have had my hummingbird feeders up for two weeks and still have not seen a single ruby throated bird. LOL, I go through this every year with them. Eventually we will have one settle in the front of the house and one take up residence near the backyard feeder.

6d0751318c42d9fb3a91cc890abbada7.jpg

Golden Eagle
Credit: Mikael Persson

EAGLE.jpg

I drove up to a hide in the middle of the night & got there long before sunrise, walked through a snow covered field in pitch black darkness with my headlamp as the only light source. The first day was unsuccessful & I had small hopes on the second day, until I sudden heard something fly above me & there it was the Golden Eagle, 15-20 meters away from me.

Camera & settings used for this photo :
Camera : Sony A6000
Lens : Sony 70-350 350mm (@525mm)
ISO : 1600
Aperture : F8
Shutter : 1/800s

If you are interested you can find more of my photos & the raw/unedited versions of each photo on my Instagram @mdm.perspective :)

Source: Reddit

eagle.jpg
A 10-month-old white-tailed sea eagle called Chief is the latest of the extremely rare birds of prey to arrive on the Isle of Wight after the species became extinct in the UK nearly 200 years ago.

The youngster, who weighs 9.5lb and has a 7.5ft wingspan, has been brought from the Scottish Eagle Centre to live at Robin Hill nature and visitor park.

Chief will be looked after by 22-year-old Charlie Rolle, one of the island’s youngest qualified falconers, who will train the eagle to fly and express natural behaviours.

View attachment 164836
A 10-month-old white-tailed sea eagle called Chief is the latest of the extremely rare birds of prey to arrive on the Isle of Wight after the species became extinct in the UK nearly 200 years ago.

The youngster, who weighs 9.5lb and has a 7.5ft wingspan, has been brought from the Scottish Eagle Centre to live at Robin Hill nature and visitor park.

Chief will be looked after by 22-year-old Charlie Rolle, one of the island’s youngest qualified falconers, who will train the eagle to fly and express natural behaviours.
Only 10 months old and it already has a 7.5 foot wingspan. 😳Thats incredible.

kea.jpg
Photo by Alan Gutsell

The kea is a native New Zealand bird. It’s also known as the New Zealand mountain parrot – the only true alpine parrot in the world. The scientific name for kea is Nestor notabilis. Kea are currently an endangered species.

View attachment 165704
Photo by Alan Gutsell

The kea is a native New Zealand bird. It’s also known as the New Zealand mountain parrot – the only true alpine parrot in the world. The scientific name for kea is Nestor notabilis. Kea are currently an endangered species.
Such an interesting bird but so destructive ... they love demolishing cars ... aerials, windscreen wipers, rubber windscreen/door trims etc. No-one is spared including police vehicles LOL.

hdSfpy2.jpg

Wow! That’s amazing. What a special person she is. That was truly adorable to watch. They even go for walks with her. A flock of magpies. Super cute. Talk about finding your calling.
I fell in love with the Magpies' personalities when I was in Oz. They are very saucy little critters :)

Back