Any hat lovers on here?

I posted a hat thread on here last year. I like hats a lot. I always forget to wear them in the summer for some reason, though, maybe because it gets so darn hot here. I bought a couple of new ones for the winter. Here is one of them:

View attachment 87762

Here's the other one:

View attachment 87771
Yea! Another Ohioan who likes hats!! Yes, it is pretty warm in the summer, but I love them anyway. I have some sun hats I wear to keep the sun out of my eyes when I'm walking or hiking. But you are right, they are HOT.

Sorry, Marlene. I'm not a fashionista. I hate hats. The only time I wore a hat was when I was in the Navy. And I detested that lousy white. dixie cup. I just don't like something on my head. But others look good in hats. NOT ME!!
oh what a shame. I LOVE the Navy hats. My son spent 25 years in the Navy and I love all of their uniforms. I even have a set of anchors I was given as part of his initiation ceremony into the rank of Chief.

I wear a black hat that ''looks'' like straw but is soft (?). I wear it mainly because my hair is fly-away and my eyes are sensitive to light. The brim of the hat and my dark sunglasses solves the problem of the sensitivity. Never wore hats until the last few years.
I have sensitive eyes as well. Hats do help quite a bit more than one would think.

I wear baseball hats in white or pink sometimes when I'm at the beach especially if it's windy because they stay on better.... ☀

meinpoinkhatbeachollyfunnyface.jpg
me.2019.Nov.6.jpg
ah, baseball caps are one kind of hat I can't wear as I look atrocious in them. I also look horrible in pink, but you look great in the hat and in pink. Instead, I wear newsboy caps a lot.

I wear a red ball cap that is a souvenir from Mexico when I have the top down on the car.

I have a blue ball cap with the name of the ship I served on in the U S Navy. I wear that to veterans events.

There is a sombrero in the closet somewhere that I bought down in the Yucatan.
GO NAVY!!!! The best hats of all the military (in my not so humble Navy family opinion :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I'm envious of anyone who can wear a hat and look good. My mother, when I was younger, always wore hats, and they really suited her. Those were the days when little girls also wore hats and gloves for special occasions. I have a small head, and thick hair .. don't know if that's why knitted hats don't want to stay on my head, but then, the thick hair keeps my head from getting cold :)
You have a lovely face. I bet you would look great in a cloche or a wide brim either.

In desperation, out of living with a hat collector who (secretly, I believe) hates to wear hats, I made a "Hall of Hats," in our long hallway. I mounted about forty of her hats, so that I could pick one out for her when we were going to be out and about. My fifteen hats went up there, too, but I like to wear hats, everyday. Things went well, until we started thinning out what we have, in preparation for a possible move in the next year, or so. Now, she has a few hats stowed away, and she's back to rarely wearing them. Oh well........... (She really looks great in hats. )

In desperation, out of living with a hat collector who (secretly, I believe) hates to wear hats, I made a "Hall of Hats," in our long hallway. I mounted about forty of her hats, so that I could pick one out for her when we were going to be out and about. My fifteen hats went up there, too, but I like to wear hats, everyday. Things went well, until we started thinning out what we have, in preparation for a possible move in the next year, or so. Now, she has a few hats stowed away, and she's back to rarely wearing them. Oh well........... (She really looks great in hats. )
I love it! A Hall of Hats. And, I suspect, she looks great with or without a hat :giggle:

This is a knotted hanky...when I was young my grandad and his working class pals would wear a knotted handkerchief on their heads to protect them from the sun ... it's funny

BeachHankyHeadEXPAT_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqShZqzYf2SlGHY-jAmg3B7Nlzq5Jer3-gnqnWRe7P1Pg.jpg
Ahhh, my ex husband used to use it to keep his Elvis Presley hairdo unmussed. He also wore it on our first night at our honeymoon. I never forgot the visual, enough to douse a 4 alarm fire. :sick:

Back