Anyone else play the 0% credit card game?

We have a Capital One card that my grandson turned us on to. We use it as a debit card for everything. We accumulate so many points per year that it pays for airline tickets for both of us or a full week's hotel stay. Points never expire so you can carry them over if you can't travel (like now).
The card has no annual fee and we pay it off every month, never carry a balance, so no interest. It acts just like our debit card but I feel more secure using it.

When I need a new credit card I search for a great cash back and no annual fee card and don't care much for the 0% or low interest rate card because I pay the bill in full by due date. When I first got a credit card decades ago I didn't know how the interest rate worked. I couldn't figure out how much in interest I would pay the bank if I paid the minimum so I decided to pay minimum that month. When the next statement showed how much they charged me in interest I promised myself I'd do my best to pay in full. I even don't know what interest rates are on the cards I have but I assume they are very high.

Back