Anyone else sitting outdoors these days?

PopsnTuff

Enough is enough sitting inside watching the boob tube and playing online games.....dragged myself outside in the backyard, sat on a patio chair on the grass in the warm sun and oh wow......the wind was so strong blowing on my face and hair but felt so good.....its been a long time since I experienced this great weather, birds chirping, giant bees buzzing by me, then a flurrying of pink blossoms blew towards me from the neighbor's front lawn.....
it was awesome.....makes one forget all their aches and pains for moments at a time.....then the wind got so strong my chair was moving....with my eyes closed it reminded of riding a coaster when it starts up! Was such a thrill....had to share with all of you and strongly suggest you get outside during the good weather days of spring :giggle: and do share your good-feelings moments.

13.gif

I take my dog for a long walk in the park everyday, I love to be outdoors, hear the birds and feel the spring come in. I did sit in my yard yesterday and threw the ball a bit for the dog. Always nice to get fresh air and a little sun. :cool: Like Ruth, it's still a bit cool on some days to just sit outside, had a little snow again two nights ago.

I'll be getting more fresh air than I need this next week. My back yard looks like a jungle with weeds from our recent rains. Need to pull them, don't like using herbicides because of ethical reasons and I also have a tortoise that will be coming out of hibernation any day now. But, even through the weeds I have dozens of self-seeded hot pink and coral penstemons and yellow daisy-like flowers, so pretty both. My hummer has been visiting the penstemons since her favorite, Chuparosa, is dormant now.

Enough is enough sitting inside watching the boob tube and playing online games.....dragged myself outside in the backyard, sat on a patio chair on the grass in the warm sun and oh wow......the wind was so strong blowing on my face and hair but felt so good.....its been a long time since I experienced this great weather, birds chirping, giant bees buzzing by me, then a flurrying of pink blossoms blew towards me from the neighbor's front lawn.....
it was awesome.....makes one forget all their aches and pains for moments at a time.....then the wind got so strong my chair was moving....with my eyes closed it reminded of riding a coaster when it starts up! Was such a thrill....had to share with all of you and strongly suggest you get outside during the good weather days of spring :giggle: and do share your good-feelings moments.

View attachment 97365
love the pic pop's x

I have been for the last week or more, it's been glorious warm sunny weather here, and my Back garden get all the sun... so I've been taking full advantage of it. Today unfortunately it's too cold to be out there, but I've enjoyed the week I've had, it saved me getting cabin fever from the lockdown... :D🌞

I have been for the last week or more, it's been glorious warm sunny weather here, and my Back garden get all the sun... so I've been taking full advantage of it. Today unfortunately it's too cold to be out there, but I've enjoyed the week I've had, it saved me getting cabin fever from the lockdown... :D🌞
Ditto...our weather is finally getting to where we can enjoy some of the outdoors..

Did a repeat of yesterday, sitting outside, but was a bit cooler and just as windy.....we usually have cold temps all thru March and April so these unusually warmer days are welcomed.....its going back down to the 50's this week.

We have been outside as much as possible, weather permitting. I have worked in the yard and planted some spring greens in the planter pots, and have tomatoes and Malabar spinach growing inside waiting for warmer weather.
When we went to walmart , I spent some time in the garden area and picked up some plants and seeds both.

Besides that, and just relaxing on the porch when it is warm and sunny, I have been doing a lot of reading, and watching health and gardening videos on YouTube. All in all, I haven’t really felt like I was limited in what I could do.
Today it is cold and pouring rain (yet again), so it will not be an outside day, for sure.

Been spending more time outdoors lately. Walking is good, but I miss not having a garden like I did for years. Gardens are so therapeutic.
Was going to put in a patio garden of sorts this year, but never got everything that I needed, so maybe next year with that project.

But life on the patio is nice, as weather is cooperating, and the view is great . ... can sit out there and watch the world go by for hours.
My dog enjoys it too.

We can't sit out in our community garden quite yet,its not warm enoughThe tables&chairs usually are out the 1st week in May
Instead,I get fresh air& exercise by taking my daily walks.If I don't want to go far,I'll walk loops around the apt complex 2-3 times

It's been very windy here so we haven't been doing as much work in the garden as we would like. Mrs. L has planted the early potatoes and the tomato plants are ready to be planted out in the polytunnel. I've dug out the compost bins (the compost looks pretty good ) and rebuilt them with new timber. Plenty of work to do - we just need good weather.

Today is perfect weather....temp in the upper 60's, and slight breeze. So, I got the pressure washer out, and scrubbed the exterior of my workshop. The North side was starting to turn green from mildew, etc. Now, it looks brand new. I hope we get this kind of weather for weeks before the Summer heat arrives.
I'm glad I have all this outdoor work to do...I'd go bananas sitting in the house and watching all this bad news on TV.

Back