Anyone experience neck pains? And how are you dealing with it?

oldbutgold

Hi all,

Both me and me wife have been getting some neck pains recently. Have been trying many different pillows, and finally found one that seems to be helping.

Curious to see how other people who have neck pains deal with it and what other things might help :)

Occasionally I have neck pain and I do a number of things to relieve it.
- neck rotations and other neck exercises
- shoulder lifts
- stretch my head down and pull slightly with my hands
- make sure I have a good pillow
- make sure not to sleep with wet hair since it doesn’t dry throughout the night and cramps my neck
-YOGA - it’s fabulous for keeping the entire spine limber
- use a microwaveable heating pad for very painful times and or anti inflammatory cream or ointment
-avoid too much sugar
- have a puff 🥳

I had some neck pain from sleeping, along with my husband I was initially using Memory Foam pillows, but they seemed to harden after a couple of years and caused me neck pain. I then tried 'My Pillow', was okay at first, never loved it, but it lessened by neck pain....my husband never tried it for more than one or two nights, he hated it.

We went with this synthetic down pillow that I bought at Bed, Bath and Beyond, for around $30 and used their discount coupon. We've both stayed with this pillow and been happy with it, I haven't had any neck pain.

91snkfj4VHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

We have both used this CBD balm, recommended here by @Gary O' and have found it to be very effective with neck, back or any muscle pains. I always have some on hand, it had to be this specific type, Calming Purple, 1,000mg strength, that's all we've used personally. Don't know if it's available where you live.

https://www.gogreenhemp.com/product-page/cbd-balm-salve

Hi all,

Both me and me wife have been getting some neck pains recently. Have been trying many different pillows, and finally found one that seems to be helping.

Curious to see how other people who have neck pains deal with it and what other things might help :)

I do what you have done, getting new bed pillows especially ones that elevate your neck. Have had good results with this and hope you do too.

I use a microwaveable gel pack. The heat works wonders. My pain comes from doing different kinds of work during the day and is due to muscle soreness rather than cervical spine problems.

All the time. A memory foam pillow helped, one of those contoured ones made for the spine. I paid $22 at target for it. it does help. The standard normal pillows made it worse and I cant use those anymore. Looks like this one but only about $25 at the most

Last edited:
I was in a car accident about 10 years ago that really screwed up my neck. I went through physical therapy and was on pain meds for some time. The only thing that really took the pain away was the nerve blocks. I had about 3 then all was fine. I still have to be careful not to exert my neck in exercise--it acts up then. Now I use heat and cold if it bothers me and some ibuprofen.

I have cervical spine issues, graded severe, I use a couple prescription pain creams. I got a shot in the neck once, made me too nervous, not doing it again. If the pain keeps up, check with your doctor you might have an issue with your neck other than sore muscles.

Back