Anyone following the Alex Murdaugh trial in SC ?

well if it was true he was taking 60 oxycodone etc every day.. you would be messed up... however there's no way he was taking that amount IMO.. he's been using this as an excuse for stealing up to $7 million , during just 60 days he spent $57,000 according to him on OTC pills...don't believe it.. he'd have been dead a long time ago , much less running his business with high powered court cases, running his family farm.. having the wit to defraud people... and not showing any signs of drug addiction to anyone, in fact everyone said he was friendly, and happy ... so the truth HAS to come out as to what he was really doing with that money!
Totally agree,he'd be the dead one if he was doing that much oxy.

After reading this thread the other day, I watched a little of the trial on youtube. Her sister Marion Proctor's testimony was particular sad. She's very wealthy (married "Yankee money" lol), older than Maggie and I wonder if part of Maggie's attraction to Alex was "keeping up" with her big sister's rich husband.

Marion and her husband have their South of Broad (some of the most sought after historic homes in the US) Charleston town house on the market. They sold their country home soon after the murders and still have a beach home on a small private island just off Key West Fl.

Proctor's former country home

Proctor's Charleston town house
(The interior designer who staged this house for the market did a horrific job. Looks like someone called a big box home decor store and asked for the newest trends sight unseen and scattered all the stuff about in this beautiful, historic home along with cheap art prints ...apparently never heard of eclectic decor that marries old and new. The pots with fake flowers hung on the wall in the garden are especially atrocious.)
I agree about the Charleston town house.

Totally agree,he'd be the dead one if he was doing that much oxy.
I had to jump in here and add my 2 cents worth about Oxycodone. As you know, Oxycodone is a generic for Percocet. Prescriptions can be written for Oxycodone as low as 5/325, which means 5mgs of Percocet with 325mgs of Tylenol. If a person takes 60 pills of the low dose 5/325, taking 60 pills of 325 mgs of Tylenol would be just as bad and maybe worse than the 60 pills of 5 mgs of Oxy. A person that had a real addiction to Oxycodone could tolerate doing 300 mgs per day. However, when you think about someone doing 60 pills of 325mgs of Tylenol, which would = 19.5 Grams of Tylenol when the AMA strongly suggests not taking more than 4 Grams per day, you may want to start try to locate a new liver.

I have spoken to Heroin addicts that have taken 4 times more Heroin than what is considered as safe. All opioids or opiates work about the same. If they use each day, they gain a tolerance to the drug. So the more they use and the more often they use, they have built a pretty good tolerance. I also have known addicts to use Heroin and Cocaine, or what is called “speedballing.” These addicts will go on binges where they do all kinds of opiates from heroin, to meth, to pills, and so on. They can do this for days. I knew one addict that binged for 12 days and then spent the next 2 weeks in the hospital recovering and going through detox.

I had to jump in here and add my 2 cents worth about Oxycodone. As you know, Oxycodone is a generic for Percocet. Prescriptions can be written for Oxycodone as low as 5/325, which means 5mgs of Percocet with 325mgs of Tylenol. If a person takes 60 pills of the low dose 5/325, taking 60 pills of 325 mgs of Tylenol would be just as bad and maybe worse than the 60 pills of 5 mgs of Oxy. A person that had a real addiction to Oxycodone could tolerate doing 300 mgs per day. However, when you think about someone doing 60 pills of 325mgs of Tylenol, which would = 19.5 Grams of Tylenol when the AMA strongly suggests not taking more than 4 Grams per day, you may want to start try to locate a new liver.

I have spoken to Heroin addicts that have taken 4 times more Heroin than what is considered as safe. All opioids or opiates work about the same. If they use each day, they gain a tolerance to the drug. So the more they use and the more often they use, they have built a pretty good tolerance. I also have known addicts to use Heroin and Cocaine, or what is called “speedballing.” These addicts will go on binges where they do all kinds of opiates from heroin, to meth, to pills, and so on. They can do this for days. I knew one addict that binged for 12 days and then spent the next 2 weeks in the hospital recovering and going through detox.
I remember reading that John Belushi died of a "Speedball." I had to look it up. I thought it had something to do with Meth (speed).
LOL - "Locate a new liver." :ROFLMAO:

I remember reading that John Belushi died of a "Speedball." I had to look it up. I thought it had something to do with Meth (speed).
LOL - "Locate a new liver." :ROFLMAO:
I believe you are correct. When these people speedball, they usually will inject the Heroin and snort the Cocaine.
The sad thing is the number of times we keep arresting the same people.

Interesting about the reopened Steven Smith case that has now been ruled a homicide. There was a rape kit ordered within 13 hours but never shared with the agency that would follow-up on that.
Alex and Randy were at the scene soon after Steven was found.
Randy Murdaugh called Steve's father within 72 hrs and offered free legal services to the family.
So much corruption!

Transpires Alex is housed in an isolated unit, separate from the main prison.. much cushier number for him... apparently to protect him from other inmates..

Well why should he be protected, most other prisoners who kill their wives aren't in a separate unit....and even if it's to protect him from those he may have been responsible for putting in jail.. so what ?.. he's nothing different to them, in fact he's worse than most... he's a killer and fraudster BIG style..

I am of the mind that he should be serving his time as any other murderer would who is serving 2 life sentences..

In the coming months, Murdaugh is expected to go to trial for his many financial crimes.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rdaugh-faces-new-indictments-tax-evasion.html

I agree. He's a sleazebag and should be housed in the general population of the prison. Tough luck that he might be "accosted" by other prisoners. I don't feel one bit sorry for him.

Transpires Alex is housed in an isolated unit, separate from the main prison.. much cushier number for him... apparently to protect him from other inmates..

Well why should he be protected, most other prisoners who kill their wives aren't in a separate unit....and even if it's to protect him from those he may have been responsible for putting in jail.. so what ?.. he's nothing different to them, in fact he's worse than most... he's a killer and fraudster BIG style..

I am of the mind that he should be serving his time as any other murderer would who is serving 2 life sentences..

In the coming months, Murdaugh is expected to go to trial for his many financial crimes.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rdaugh-faces-new-indictments-tax-evasion.html
I totally agree HD. It really irks me when these wealthy people get cushy treatment after committing heinous crimes! 🤬

Well, well, well.. the plot is thickening once more.

Alex has now admitted that his housekeeper who he and his wife claimed died after being tripped up by his dogs on the stairs of their home.. did NOT die like that..there were no dogs involved, and on the day she died, she wasn't coming to work as he told the court during his trial. Which means of course that the Insurance money he claimed on the behalf of Glorias' family for her death which was covered by him as her employer ( so in essence he sued himself).. and then pocketed every penny of it.. was not only a Theft of which he is still due to stand trial.. but also a Fraud, because he claimed as her employer but she wasn't even supposed to be there that day.

So now.. we're going to wait and see if he'll admit exactly how she DID die..

I'm sure he won't admit to Killing her.. but I have said all along that , he killed her just to get the Insurance money.. and we know that it was his wife who called the Ambulance, and said that Gloria had tripped on the stairs.. so now I'm wondering if he killed his wife, and son, because they knew what happened to the Housekeeper.. that would make more sense, than killing them for no apparent reason..

The plot thickens. Horrible man.
There seems no end to his killings.. or his lies.. who knows what the truth is .. he may be lying about this as well..perhaps to stop his Heir from having to pay this money back..I don't know.. or maybe he is telling the truth, we'll just have to wait and see if he'll say exactly how she DID die...

All that said.. Ironically, it looks like he may have to have a public defender for his next trials..because any money that he still has, is to be shared out among his victims' families.. and that has to come first as a matter of Law.. which leaves him no money at all..

His family cannot works on his behalf as his lawyers for free even if they wanted to.. and it's not likely they will shell out millions in defence lawyers fees for a brother who is never going to be set free ...

Back