Anyone Here Have a Tankless Water Heater?

SeaBreeze

Endlessly Groovin'
Ours is a gas Aqua Star, around 24 years old and we're about to retire it and get a new one. They don't make that brand anymore, but I believe the equivalent now is Bosch. Looking around online it seems that there are many brands available compared to when we first bought ours.

Do you have a tankless water heater, if so, what brand and how long have you had it? Are you happy with it?

We had one we just left in Tennessee. The only brand I know about is Rinnai. We loved it!! My only complaint was that it took, what seemed like a long time, to get to the kitchen since the heater was in one corner of the house and the kitchen in the middle. I used the extra water to fill my watering cans for plants. Someone told me it should be serviced annually but we were never told that and never had a problem in 10 yrs. We have propane in the new house so not sure if we can install a tankless or not - will have to investigate further.

I suspect that this is what we call a 'Combi' in the UK. If you use gas, then Worcester-Bosch is generally regarded as one of the best. For Oil (kerosene) then it would be Grant . These have a built-in store that provides instant hot water before the boiler fires up.

Thank you both for your replies, we went with the Rinnai and had it installed today. It's working very nicely and I hope it lasts as long as our old heater.

Late to the party, and new to the forum... But we bought a Rinnai about a year ago after a lot of research. Looked to be the preferred brand. Works great in SC. No end to hot water. I think we saved on the gas bill too, but my wife handles those details.

Back