Anyone Play the Poweball?

Ruthanne

SF VIP
I rarely play any lottery but I saw the news today that said (at that time) that the Powerball drawing tonight was worth 635 Million! I sure could use it. I'd get rid of my beater car and get a brand new Chrysler or Audi or something great! That would be the first thing I got. A nice house out of the rat race of the city would be next. I can dream can't I? :unsure::LOL:(y)

I look forward to seeing my numbers come out tonight!

Anyone else playing?

Ruthanne, the lotteries in your country boggle my mind. Here in Canada it was a big deal last week when the lottery hit 70 million, people were doubling and tripling the amount of tickets they usually buy.

I kept to the one set of numbers I always play, just takes one ticket to win.

Ruthanne, the lotteries in your country boggle my mind. Here in Canada it was a big deal last week when the lottery hit 70 million, people were doubling and tripling the amount of tickets they usually buy.

That's very true. I bought more than one ticket this time giving me more chances to win. After I lose tonight though I won't play again for a long, long time.

I do, when I remember to buy a ticket. The lines to purchase tickets (today) must have tons of people. I steer away from that. And my husband has no idea how to purchase the tickets. Lord...

Last edited:
I had an older friend, who's no longer with us, that always maintained the the lottery was a way to tax the poor.

When I think about the statistical possibility of actually winning, I close my wallet, and step out of line.

Conversely, a good friend's sister won 12.5 million about 20 years ago...

I had an older friend, who's no longer with us, that always maintained the the lottery was a way to tax the poor.

When I think about the statistical possibility of actually winning, I close my wallet, and step out of line.

Conversely, a good friend's sister won 12.5 million about 20 years ago...
Yes some win..
Once in awhile I like to dream. I am relatively poor but don't hardly play it so it's not taxing me for one person...I do see your point tho.

I find it interesting that lottery winnings, as well as contest prizes etc., are taxed in the US but not in Canada. Not sure what the custom is in other countries. I'm kind of shocked Canada hasn't yet decided to milk that cash-cow ☺️

I've read advice from statistians saying that playing the same numbers regularly seems to be a good a strategy, tho it might be years before the full sequence you play are drawn.

I rarely play any lottery but I saw the news today that said (at that time) that the Powerball drawing tonight was worth 635 Million! I sure could use it. I'd get rid of my beater car and get a brand new Chrysler or Audi or something great! That would be the first thing I got. A nice house out of the rat race of the city would be next. I can dream can't I? :unsure::LOL:(y)

I look forward to seeing my numbers come out tonight!

Anyone else playing?
You've got good taste; I also have always wanted an Audi. But, I don't even drive that much anymore.

I buy a couple tickets a year when the jackpot is high.

I don’t expect to win. It’s like buying a little dream that lasts until the drawing then poof it’s gone.

I would buy a nice piece of land on the water with a big lottery winner size house for show and a little cottage for me. 😊

I would also try to find a way to help improve the lives of the people that I care about.

Years ago (30-40+), a cousin's husband won one of the first drawings of the "new" Rhode Island Lottery for $50,000. They got $37,000 after taxes. For the times, it was a big chunk of money. They got the big cardboard check pic, etc. BUT their name was in the phone book. People were showing up at all hours, asking for money. Some even dragged their sick kids with them, wanting money for treatments. And some just would not take "no" for an answer. They had to call the cops several times. This went on for a good 4-5 months. They spent $3,000 to put in an inground pool, and put the rest in the bank.

Yeah, I'd love to win the money. But I just hate to loose that $1 so much more, I don't play the lottery.

Last edited:
Years ago (30-40+), a cousin's husband won one of the first drawings of the "new" Rhode Island Lottery for $50,000. They got $37,000 after taxes. For the times, it was a big chunk of money. They got the big cardboard check pic, etc. BUT their name was in the phone book. People were showing up at all hours, asking for money. Some even dragged their sick kids with them, wanting money for treatments. And some just would not take "no" for an answer. They had to call the cops several times. This went on for a good 4-5 months. They spent $3,000 to put in an inground pool, and put the rest in the bank.
That is why many disappear. Can't say I blame them.

Back