Anyone See PBS Frontline On Feb 18 About Amazon?

It looks like Amazon is now expanding into making rockets (or something similar), because I just read this headline from our local Huntsville, Alabama online newspaper. They are going to set up a big facility here, and you can see the rockets pictured behind the speakers.
2F99E0D1-DB81-47EC-8A7F-8E9D4F6F1E1C.jpeg

They appear to be like the Walmart that put thousands of small businesses out of business during the seventies, only bigger and more disruptive. They are usingg the internet and technology to the fullest. It is a littlle bit scary the way they listen in and use the knowledge
they gather from customers and others and it is disheartening the way they treat employees, according to the dFrontline report. The report left
not only a sour taste in my thinking bjut thought it rather depressing. Think I'm going to start shopping elsewhere.

People willingly put those listening devices and cameras in their homes; what could go wrong? :unsure:

As far as disgruntled employees, they only interviewed "ex-employees," so what would we expect to hear? I think a large part of the problem is that they accepted WAREHOUSE jobs and never expected to have to actually work. :rolleyes:

I don't know why people vilify success. I never had a problem with Walmart, either. That's the American way, people.

It looks like Amazon is now expanding into making rockets (or something similar), because I just read this headline from our local Huntsville, Alabama online newspaper. They are going to set up a big facility here, and you can see the rockets pictured behind the speakers.
View attachment 92299
Amazon, SpaceX, and Virgin Galactic are all vying to start the tourist space age, Virgin is the frontrunner for now. SpaceX just got the OK to start ferrying passengers, don't know if Amazon got the okay.

Since the headquarters of NASA are located here at Redstone Arsenal, this is one of the places that the new branch of the military , called Space Force, might choose for its headquarters.
As far as I know right now, there are several places under consideration besides the arsenal, but even if the Space Command doesn’t end up being here, this is still a “Rocket City”, and an excellent location for any company wanting to be part of space and rocket developments.

Since the headquarters of NASA are located here at Redstone Arsenal, this is one of the places that the new branch of the military , called Space Force, might choose for its headquarters.
As far as I know right now, there are several places under consideration besides the arsenal, but even if the Space Command doesn’t end up being here, this is still a “Rocket City”, and an excellent location for any company wanting to be part of space and rocket developments.
Just asking, don't know, doesn't northern Alabama get tornadoes? If so, it would be a bad place for launchings and stuff. Same for Cape Canaveral in FL, they have weather problems AND hurricanes. I'm sure they know what they're doing. Virgin Galactic's SPCE is in New Mexico, with much more reliable weather (I think).

Technology and space advancement are marching on regardless how much I try to hold it back.
They are electrifying the horseless carriage and talking of flying people to Mars. My cow, what'll they think of next?

Last edited:
Way too much power for one entity. No one should comment on this thread with out watching the documentary. Agreed, some may not be alarmed at the expansion in to so many areas of media and government related companies. After all, that is the reason this documentary was created.

I saw it and didn't find it "scary" at all. (I did find it interesting, however.) Big business has always been the same.

For anyone interested, here's the full documentary.

There are many "scary" things posing a threat to our privacy if we have the right to it anymore. What I believe is true is Americans would gladly give up their rights for safety and security. We see it every day. Big business is one thing but never before in our history has the number of corporate take overs been so numerous. 90% of American have little to no idea of who owns what now days. I never liked the idea of corporations owning news outlets. Houston has one newspaper, one!!

There are many "scary" things posing a threat to our privacy if we have the right to it anymore. What I believe is true is Americans would gladly give up their rights for safety and security. We see it every day. Big business is one thing but never before in our history has the number of corporate take overs been so numerous. 90% of American have little to no idea of who owns what now days. I never liked the idea of corporations owning news outlets. Houston has one newspaper, one!!

I live in Houston and I haven't read a newspaper in years. No big loss there.

People post every moment of their lives on Facebook, then want privacy?? Anyone who uses the internet or any of the Siri, Cortana, Alexa, etc. devices gave up their privacy willingly. Privacy has become a unicorn in this world with most letting go without complaint, just to have the latest and greatest technology. Got an iPhone? Apple knows where you've been. Got GPS in your car? Own a fitness tracker? Those are all a drop in the bucket.

Bezos had an excellent business strategy as witnessed by his willingness to go years without a profit to make his business a success. I have no doubt that at some point, Amazon's empire will be splintered by anti-trust laws or such. As for all the ridiculous complaints that Amazon pays no taxes... first that's absurd and second, they follow the TAX LAWS of this country. So they'd be really stupid to not use those laws to advantage.

Bezos is rich and the sky is falling. Yawn.

Back