Are Desktop Computers Becoming Obsolete?

While I realize that some folks prefer a laptop or even a mac, they are not for me. Upgradeability is important to me.
I really appreciate a full sized keyboard, a large screen (increasing in importance as I get ever more antique).
Case size and portability are completely unimportant, to me... the separate desktop powering the entertainment center is 'way more handy than carrying a laptop or tablet around, IMO (I have very briefly considered getting a laptop or tablet to use as a fancy remote control for the entertainment center... not really worth the effort as long as I can get handheld remote controls (for the computer).

As far as smart phones; got one; promptly disabled most apps and the internet connection as potential security concerns...IT'S A PHONE, it needs to be able to let me talk to remote people, which it is only marginally good for. (I also keep assorted music on it and its obsolete brethren; for camping (Bluetooth speaker connection); kind of important where there is no cell or WiFi coverage - the best locations, IMO).

I say; use whatever option you prefer; Its best for you!

Enjoy!

I finally got my HP Desktop up and running Windows 10. I use it for running and testing beta security software.
My 27 inch iMac is still faster than ever. I use that for my main computer, no beta testing on this one. Nice large screen and I don't need my glasses to see it. :ROFLMAO:
I do own a Toshiba Laptop that's about 10 years old. Still runs good with Windows 10. I hardly use it.

The case on this machine is from an old H/P desktop; basically stripped of everything but the USB sockets and DVD drive; replaced everything with better pieces/parts transplanted the old internals to a different case for use as a backup computer... still running W7.
That was several years ago (not even sure, now, if this machine has a 4 or a 6 core processor.
I did clone the old drive to a larger one, last spring, because it was too small & I need more space. ... I, also, wanted to keep the W7 updates from Microsoft.

Enjoy!

Back