Art, anything goes...

David Hettinger
fb9b2b115d50fb2cdf5c7457047325e3.jpg

30fdda222ad18c4266cb1f3e16acb447.jpg

Several years back I saw several things I liked on a visit to the Broad art museum in Los Angeles, though much of it also struck me as slick and corporate. Something for everyone I suppose.

These two by Mark Tansey as work that was new to me especially appealed. The first is called Achilles and The Tortoise and the second is called Forward Retreat.

1674241302419.jpeg

1674241336148.jpeg

I hope I haven’t misunderstood this thread’s intent. Is it only for art we make ourselves or also for what we see?

Last edited:
Several years back I saw several things I liked on a visit to the Broad art museum in Los Angeles, though much of it also struck me as slick and corporate. Something for everyone I suppose.

These two by Mark Tansey as work that was new to me especially appealed. The first is called Achilles and The Tortoise and the second is called Forward Retreat.

View attachment 263621

View attachment 263622

I hope I haven’t misunderstood this thread’s intent. Is it only for art we make ourselves or also for what we see?
Anything :)

1674330935816.jpeg

My wife is a textile artist. Can you guess which one is my old lady? The one in the middle had been her grad student and is also a successful textile artist who shows her work widely. Christy had gotten a teaching position at the Chicago Art Institute. But she gave up tenure to return to California where her studio is in Los Angeles. So she met us at the opening of this show at the LA museum of Contemporary Art. She just stopped by today with the owners of a Chicago gallery that represents her for a quick visit and to introduce them to Lia’s work. they’re in town to sell work at a big art fair in San Francisco at Fort Mason. It was cold - though not by Chicago standards - but we had tea in the garden after.

This With Pleasure show was back in 2019 and a lot of fun to see. The link takes you to a write up and toward the end of that are images of all the work.

https://www.moca.org/exhibition/with-pleasure

Back