Art, anything goes...

I don't know much about styles of art, but I have a thing about rainy city street scenes, like this one. Don't think I've ever seen one I didn't like. :confused: Maybe it's the reflections and highlights.

Cortes%252C+Edouard-Leon+-+rainy+street+scene.jpg

I don't know much about styles of art, but I have a thing about rainy city street scenes, like this one. Don't think I've ever seen one I didn't like. :confused: Maybe it's the reflections and highlights.

Cortes%252C+Edouard-Leon+-+rainy+street+scene.jpg

That's a great painting Nancy! You can feel the cool dampness and imagine the sound of tires on the wet pavement! Very good.

I like the rest of the paintings shown too and especially the little ballerina. I can imagine reaching out and touching the stiffness of her sleeves on her dress and almost hear the rustling fabric as she moves. Nice work.

Here's more on Charlie Russel.

"In his Self-Portrait, painted in 1900, Russell stands with his feet planted solidly and his hat tipped back; he portrays himself as a stalwart yet open person. He wears the red Metis sash and custom made high-heeled riding boots that were a mark of his individuality, just as much as his quick wit, laconic speech, and gift as a raconteur—exhibited in his humorous short stories and illustrated letters. Russell wrote, “I am old-fashioned and peculiar in my dress. I am eccentric (that is a polite way of saying you’re crazy). I believe in luck and have lots of it…Any man that can make a living doing what he likes is lucky, and I’m that.” Considered a sensitive, modest, and unassuming man, Russell simply saw his great talent as merely “luck.”

Back