At What Age Did You Start Drinking Morning Coffee Or Tea?

fmdog44

I think I started drinking coffee at 18 and have been loyal to the brown bean ever since. If only coffee was a woman.

18 for me too, first year of college, first time away from home, first for a lot of things. And I've needed and loved coffee ever since.

I cant remember, .....but not really keen on tea or coffee, if i have a coffee i will take it black and strong, i prefer water !

As far back as I can remember mom would, when we were short on groceries, make a large pan of water biscuits and a big pot of coffee for breakfast. We would take a large biscuit, crumble it up in a cup, and pour hot black coffee over the buscuit. If we had sugar we would put in a spoon of sugar.
If we had no sugar we'd add a spoon of sorghum syrup, stir it up and that was breakfast. I suppose using coffee for a breakfast meal led to a cup of coffee with my breakfast when I was in third grade. So I guess I was eight years old. I never remember not liking coffee.

I drank coffee on occasion when I was in my 20's. And occasionally a cup of tea. But never got into drinking either on a regular basis. Have not drank either in forever. I do not miss them.
Though not the best drink choice, I get muy occasional caffiene fix from soda pop. Mostly I drink water or lemonade.

I drank coffee on occasion when I was in my 20's. And occasionally a cup of tea. But never got into drinking either on a regular basis. Have not drank either in forever. I do not miss them.
Though not the best drink choice, I get muy occasional caffiene fix from soda pop. Mostly I drink water or lemonade.
Like your signature.:)

I went to Spain for work when I was 18 and there became crazy about their expresso served in 2-3 ounce cups. Coming back to the states it took me a while to used to regular coffee.

My Dad would bring me a cuppa tea every morning. He was the early riser, and would get up and make a pot of tea for all of us, then bring a cup to my Mum and me in bed. We sure were pampered! :love:

It wasn't till I moved from Australia to the US that I started drinking coffee, primarily because tea wasn't the hot beverage of choice in the US that it was in Oz, so it was just easier to switch to coffee. I still love my hot cuppa tea, though these days it's as an occasional beverage, sometimes after dinner or in the afternoon when I need a break. As an aside, I found it really bizarre for a long time that folks would drink iced tea (cold tea, what????) or that I would be offered lemon with my hot tea the occasional time I ordered it in a restaurant. Lemon? Seriously? Hell no, you don't drink tea with lemon. You drink it with milk and sugar!!!

Coffee has been my morning beverage since I was 20.

I started having what my grandmother referred to as a whore's breakfast in my early teens.

It was one of the perks of being an unsupervised latchkey kid in the 70s.

My mother gave me "coffee milk" when I was in elementary school. Mostly a cup of milk with a splash of coffee, but I've loved coffee all my life. (Though now it's a cup of coffee with a splash of cream. :D)

Too funny, Keesha.

When I was probably 7 or so dad used to take me with him when he went hunting on an Amish farm. The farmers loved him as he always shared the bounty with them. They would take me into their farm kitchen, sit me down at the oilcloth covered table and stick a big thick mug of half filled black coffee in front of me. Remember I could barely see over the top of the mug and was fascinated to watch the lady pour thick, rich cream on top of the coffee and spoon teaspoon after teaspoon after teaspoon of pure maple sugar on top of it. Yum!

Now I drink it black, though...lol.

Back