Attacks on Asians

Whatever happened to one's natural reaction when seeing an attack like that to automatically & immediately jump in to stop the attack, NOT even giving pause to think first of any possible negative consequences for themselves?
The natural reaction of an intelligent person who lives in a state of reality uses his brain before jumping in. An older, unarmed person who jumps in will not stop such an attack by a younger, larger thug who has been in & out of prison. He'll just be the thug's second victim.

The natural reaction of an intelligent person who lives in a state of reality uses his brain before jumping in. An older, unarmed person who jumps in will not stop such an attack by a younger, larger thug who has been in & out of prison. He'll just be the thug's second victim.
Imo, intelligence would be a factor in the mind of the person who immediately jumps in to help--intelligence that, hopefully, would lead them to make the right moves to overcome the attacker. Unarmed (ex-military) older person to jump in wouldn't surprise me, even knowing he'd likely lose the 'battle'.

Imo, intelligence would be a factor in the mind of the person who immediately jumps in to help--intelligence that, hopefully, would lead them to make the right moves to overcome the attacker. Unarmed (ex-military) older person to jump in wouldn't surprise me, even knowing he'd likely lose the 'battle'.
Rather amusing that you say "Intelligence would be a factor in the mind of the person who immediately jumps in to help," then you say "Knowing he'd likely lose the battle." I don't see any intelligence in getting killed - especially when you know it's likely.

"Make the right moves?" Yes, that happens all the time.....in scripted movie fights with stuntmen. The only right moves that a frail, elderly person could make in that situation would be to shoot the attacker. Do you think all people are able to to that?

Rather amusing that you say "Intelligence would be a factor in the mind of the person who immediately jumps in to help," then you say "Knowing he'd likely lose the battle." I don't see any intelligence in getting killed - especially when you know it's likely.

"Make the right moves?" Yes, that happens all the time.....in scripted movie fights with stuntmen. The only right moves that a frail, elderly person could make in that situation would be to shoot the attacker. Do you think all people are able to to that?
Huh? Likely get killed? I did not say that. I meant there are people who have it in their nature to help the attacked -- not so much if a weapon is involved of course. Btw, thank goodness for those people who join the military, police force, who know there is a possibility their job could get them killed.,

I agree with this Asian billionaire. Racism is in the DNA of this country. It must be rooted out.

"This unconscious bias and racism is pervasive. It's almost inherent, sadly, in the historic fabric of this country," Soon-Shiong, the founder and executive chairman of biotech company ImmunityBio, told CNN Business in his first public comments about the surge of anti-Asian hostilities. "We have to recognize that, accept it and then break it."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/02/business/billionaire-asian-american-attacks/index.html

All viruses originated somewhere in the world, unless they got here from another planet. But how often are the residents of that location blamed and attacked because a disease originated in their neck of the woods?

Other than German measles, which was so named because it was identified as a disease by German physicians, I can't even think of any other disease actually blamed on a group of people, who of course are innocent victims of the disease the same as anyone else.
Actually, many if not most viruses are named for where they originated. West Nile Virus, MERS middle east resp. syndrome, Spanish Flu, Zika and Ebola. This is nothing new.
Only total idiots would take that out on people of that descent though. Especially American citizens who have likely never even been to the home country. But idiots abound in the US so here we are.
But as to actually holding a country responsible for despicable behavior that allowed for this virus to spread across the world, I'm all for that. We know that China knew about the virus well before they told the rest of the world. They shut down Wuhan yet allowed international traffic to continue. They could have helped countries get a handle on this earlier but made no effort to do so and in fact covered it up. They should be held accountable on the world stage.
I hold no ill will to the people of China, they had no say in this and many of them died needlessly before China decided to act. But the Communist Chinese Party? Hell yell they need to be held accountable.

The Covid or Chinese virus was IMO intentional from the Communist Chinese government.
They are IMO AT WAR right now with the USA.
What this has to do with the Chinese people or any asians, or Asian Americans is beyond me.
They are no more responsible for any stupid thing their government does than are we.

I guess I shouldn't be stunned by criminals but the level of cowardice these criminal assaulters show is stunning and sadly predictable. Exactly how cowardly are they to sneak up and sucker punch people, punch and kick them when they are down and/or used weapons on unarmed victims. They are not only mistaken in their motivation but they cowardly pos's. Cowardly felons all.

Playing devil‘s advocate, how many of these events also happened previously to non-Asians? There are POS that just wanted to attack someone, now that it’s in the media they have an ‘excuse’. Hate is contagious.

Stunning the numbers in this short period of time to one part of the population. And it's in the news so one would figure it would be too risky. Usually by the time something hits the news on a regular basis the trend has frequently peaked out. I'm afraid this isn't the case.

This is a classic example of media misdirection. We are supposed to believe that the reason for the spike in attacks on Asian-Americans (which have increased dramatically in percentage terms but are still a tiny number of incidents) is that Big Orange called Covid the "China Virus" last year. (Apparently because it originated in, well, China.)

However, many of the really brutal, physical attacks on Asian-Americans (like this one) are carried out by Black men. Are these Black men supporters of Big Orange? Is a Black attack on an Asian-American an example of white supremacy? Should I capitalize "White" as well as "Black?"

Confusing times, indeed. But, as Lester Holt just pointed out, fairness is overrated anyway.
Honesty is constantly being avoided today, so thank you for yours.

Back