Attempted murder of Jose Garza

win231

SF VIP
At the time, the newspaper printed the written instructions the wife gave to her sister: (I had to laugh at some of them)
"Be waiting in the garage at 11:00pm; After my husband & I have sex, I'll ask for ice cream, which is in the freezer in the garage."
"Bullets go in the gun nose first."
"Remember to shoot (my husband) twice; he's a strong guy."
"After he falls, shoot him again in the head to make sure but don't walk near him; he might grab your leg."
"You'll get $400,000.00; that's how much he's insured for. Don't feel bad after it's done; all your money problems will be over."

And, it was OK with the wife that their two young kids were at home & they would find their father's body.
https://www.oxygen.com/mastermind-o...za-plots-with-sister-to-kill-her-husband-jose

Last edited:
And the mastermind was a divorce lawyer?? hahahaha!
It's sad her sister died, but to be honest I'd have to say the cause of death was stupidity. Or maybe vulnerability, to be fair.

One other thing I had to chuckle at: Part of the wife's quote to her sister: "We'll have sex before I send him to the garage for the ice cream & he's always sleepy after sex, so it will be easy for you to do it."
I'll bet he was very nice to those dogs; they saved his life. They knew his wife's sister & they wouldn't have barked at her if she wasn't wearing that disguise. He wouldn't have taken his gun with him to the garage if they weren't barking.
The sister-in-law fired at him several times & hit everything in the garage - except him. She'd never touched a gun before. He was an experienced shooter - & he only needed one round.
The police didn't find out that the intruder was his sister-in-law until hours later. And when they found out his "loving" wife was the mastermind, they told him to get to the police station NOW & don't eat anything in the house & don't stop anywhere on the way because his wife could have hired a backup hitman.
And the police spent hours trying to convince the husband that his wife was behind the murder plot; he didn't want to believe it.

Last edited:
What a crazy case this is. Amazing how murders and/or instigators related to murders seem to have no problem with finding a mate when their incarceration is over. I can't imagine having a single thing to do with someone of that nature, need alone shack-up or marry them.

At any rate, a wonderful addition to the forum, Win.

Big thank you to you for posting.

1) Killed Over Being “Unfriended” On Facebook​

Don’t act proud: when someone unfriends you on Facebook, it stings. It might make you doubt the worthiness of your updates. “How could this happen?” you wonder. “Were my pictures not cool enough? Were my thoughts not interesting enough? Maybe I should increase the quality of the cat photos I upload.” It might cause you to reevaluate exactly how you interact with others on Facebook. It probably won’t, however, cause you to fly into a murderous rage.

That wasn’t the case for relatives of a woman who was subjected to the “unfriending” treatment. When Jenelle Potter was unfriended by the couple Billy Clay Payne Jr. and Billie Jean Hayworth, it didn’t sit well with her father. So, Jenelle Potter and her dad went to the home of Payne and Hayworth, and shot them both in the head and even slit Payne Jr.’s throat. Both killers were eventually charged with murder. According to the Sheriff handling the case, it “was the most senseless crime he’d ever handled.”

Back