Back from Alaska!

Good to see you again, I was wondering where you were, missed your saying you were going to Alaska, and didn't see that member missing thread. Fantastic photos, thanks for sharing! If I ever went on a cruise, it would be to Alaska. Were there a lot of people with you on the cruise, or just a small group?

welcome-back-we-missed-you-31.jpg
450 people on the ship. Pretty small group as ships go. There were 6 of us who traveled together.

That is a bunch of handsome fellows. You all are going to have a lot of stalkers from both sides after your now!! Hope you had a wonderful time, wish I could have stowed away to join the fun.

Greetings my SF friends!

We took a cruise from Juneau to Vancouver this past week. We went with a few friends. It was an "off the beaten path" itinerary that visited Tracy Arm, Sawyer Glacier, Wrangell, Prince Rupert and Alert Bay. I have never taken such a scenic trip. We started in Juneau where we took the tram to the top of the mountain, followed by a visit to an amazing museum. We took a Zodiac through Tracy Arm right up to Sawyer Glacier. The glaciers were amazing and the Harbor Seals were all over the place. When we left the Glaciers, the cliffs of Misty Fjord were amazing. We hiked in Wrangell and in Prince Rupert. Here are a few pics. I needed so badly to get away from the routine. It was great to be away from the 100+ degree temps in Dallas, but it is always good to be back home!

In the Zodiac with Sawyer Glacier behind us.

View attachment 234179

Floating ice with the ship in the background.

View attachment 234174

Seals, seals, and more seals.

View attachment 234177

Me and my partner after a hike in Wrangell overlooking the port.

View attachment 234173

And with our friends.

View attachment 234175
WOW! Amazing pictures. :)

Back