Baffled by Health Insurance Quotes- Zero premium?

California-Gal

Single lady here. Social Security, in a few years, will be between $1300-$1400 a month. Can easily live on this since my house payment is only $50 a mo with no utility costs. House is off grid powered by our spring somehow (hydro power)

Health will not sustain working longer.

I am baffled by the quotes I received. I understand I qualify for a msp (medicare savings program), the QI program, which covers part b premiums. But what baffled me is the medicare.gov site gave me these results when I clicked "find a plan" and clicked I qualify for a msp program. It's possible I'd only qualify for "Extra Help" but clicking either one, gives me 4 results. Here are two of them

BUT....a zero deductible health plan? or just 58 dollars a month!! Granted there are high Out of Pocket spending limits but still. The few senior friends i Have pay at least $125 a month for a supplemental.

Anyone ever heard of such a thing? I hear the average Social Security Check is about $1400 a month so this has to be something somewhat known by some. Thanks!

P.S Oh and I guess the $189 deductible for part b I'd pay too? And $1260 if I am admitted to a hospital? Thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 9.34.46 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 9.34.46 AM.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 47
Single lady here. Social Security, in a few years, will be between $1300-$1400 a month. Can easily live on this since my house payment is only $50 a mo with no utility costs. House is off grid powered by our spring somehow (hydro power)

Health will not sustain working longer.

I am baffled by the quotes I received. I understand I qualify for a msp (medicare savings program), the QI program, which covers part b premiums. But what baffled me is the medicare.gov site gave me these results when I clicked "find a plan" and clicked I qualify for a msp program. It's possible I'd only qualify for "Extra Help" but clicking either one, gives me 4 results. Here are two of them

BUT....a zero deductible health plan? or just 58 dollars a month!! Granted there are high Out of Pocket spending limits but still. The few senior friends i Have pay at least $125 a month for a supplemental.

Anyone ever heard of such a thing? I hear the average Social Security Check is about $1400 a month so this has to be something somewhat known by some. Thanks!

P.S Oh and I guess the $189 deductible for part b I'd pay too? And $1260 if I am admitted to a hospital? Thanks[/QUOTE

Looks like these are Advantage plans. I not only have heard of these plans, but I've got one! I've had it it for 8 years now and it works very well for me. My sister is on the same plan and is happy with it, too. Mine now costs me $17 a month, as does hers.

My sister has the extra help and it makes her prescriptions cost very little. I don't know about the hospital deductible you mention; you'd have to call the plan and ask them. Some people are uncomfortable with the Advantage plan, depending on the number of doctors on the HMO. It's not a problem for us here.

Get the details of these two and other plans -- and ask a zillion questions -- and see if you think they will work well for you. I personally do not trust AARP or anything they are associated with, but that's just my personal opinion.

There are too many to adequately scrutinize them all effectively. I picked two which were affiliated with our local hospital networks and did a side by side comparison. After that, I picked the amount of coverage that was affordable. Don't forget to see if your vision and dental providers will accept your final choice.

I'm happy to help you. Although I moved to Vegas 3 years ago from So Cal after 62 years there most (probably 90% or more) of my clients are in California so I'm VERY familiar with supplements and advantage plans. I certainly can help you wade through plans that might be the most beneficial and provide you with value. And I am an independent agent so not "owned" by any company.

In addition, it would appear you are "dual eligible" meaning you have many more options than what you posted. Please don't do this on your own.

Send me a message on this site or an email to insure(at)greenskyins(dot)com with your contact information. I promise to make this much easier than if you do it on your own. And of course, there is no cost nor obligation.

Rick

Back