Balance issues.

I've used q-tips my whole life. My ear drums are in tact.

Thanks all. I'm glad to not be alone in this.

I also notice that I'm more careful on stairs than I used to be. I mean, I still run up and down them, (I like to take advantage of every opportunity to exert the ole' bod for additional exercise!) but I hold the handrail now. I never used to do that.

And though I don't have knee issues, there's a bit of arthritis I think. Getting up from a squat takes a bit more work than it used to. If there's a piece of furniture handy, I'll use that to help push myself up.

I shouldn't complain. I'm blessed with better health than some of my dear friends who are struggling. But I can't help comparing myself now to the self I used to be. And I suffer in that comparison!!
Hi Ronni. I had the balance issues from an ear problem, solved by doing head twist and turn exercises. What I relate to most in your tale is about squatting. That's the first change that I noticed in my aging body. If there is nothing to pull on within arm's reach, I basically have to rock myself up from a squat, like rocking a car! I know it isn't my knees. It might be some connective tissue issue with my hips. Yep - a bit depressing when once we were graceful and agile and strong!

He and a doctor said that, too, along with saying it can push ear wax further in.

It shouldn't if you do it right. Go in around the edges of your inner ear. Don't poke it in straight.

Back