Bees Are Our Friends - Without Them Our Planets In Trouble...

Not all bees are yellow and brown, this is a blue striped Australian bee.
The Australian blue bee is one of the most beautiful wild bees in the world. Its striking colors make it one of the most admired

The Australian blue bee is a solitary species, a wild pollinator that sleeps in crevices, on rocks or in small crevices in the ground.

bees063022.jpg

May 18th: Also saw two honey bees. One had to be fished out of the dog's pool but recovered; the other was sluggishly walking on the patio, probably because of the erratic temperatures. Once the lawn clover blooms, I will hopefully see lots more!
UPDATE: It is now the end of June, and although the lawn clover has come and pretty much gone, I haven't seen any other honey bees. In fact, there seems to be a severe lack of pollinators in my area so far this year. /-;

When I first read your post I thought is was a hoax. I have never seen or even heard of a Blue Striped Bee.:)
Isn’t that gorgeous?
I’ve never seen anything like it.
We are trying to help the bees here by planting plenty of bee loving plants and participating in ‘NO MOW MAY.’ I refuse to cut our grass until the beginning of June and some of it is really long.it helps the migrating bees find needed food

Isn’t that gorgeous?
We are trying to help the bees here by planting plenty of bee loving plants and participating in ‘NO MOW MAY.’ I refuse to cut our grass until the beginning of June and some of it is really long.it helps the migrating bees find needed food
A great thing you are doing as well. Let's hope there have been many more people doing the same thing. We need to preserve our wonder flora and fauna. :)

A great thing you are doing as well. Let's hope there have been many more people doing the same thing. We need to preserve our wonder flora and fauna. :)
We sure do. I don’t think most people realize how crucial this is to our worlds survival which includes us. We are literally destroying our earth. There is no longer a balance of nature which is incredibly sad for ALL species.

Plants that bees love are great. ‘No Now May’ has been discredited as incorrect. This was on the tv news recently so found a link to the logic. University of Guelph is highly respected.

https://www.collingwoodtoday.ca/loc...-not-says-university-of-guelph-expert-6927161

We sure do. I don’t think most people realize how crucial this is to our worlds survival which includes us. We are literally destroying our earth. There is no longer a balance of nature which is incredibly sad for ALL species.
Personally I think it is too late to save a whole lot of our flora and fauna. Yes, pockets can be replanted, species reintroduced, but not back to what it was before colonisation of the world became a thing.

Plants that bees love are great. ‘No Now May’ has been discredited as incorrect. This was on the tv news recently so found a link to the logic. University of Guelph is highly respected.

https://www.collingwoodtoday.ca/loc...-not-says-university-of-guelph-expert-6927161
Awww… And here I thought I was doing something good and helpful and find out it might be making this thing worse. ☹️ Awww. This is sooo sad. I truly hate what we’ve done to all these species of animals due to our more is better mentality. The human species is the only species on earth that kills other species strictly for personal gain. Sometimes I’m embarrassed to be human. ☹️

Isn’t that gorgeous?
We are doing the same thing and keep mason bees. They are small bees and will pollinate.
We mow later also but not as late as June in NC.

I have three pot plant bases always full of water in my little garden. There is a half paving brick in each one so as to not allow the insects to drown. I have witnessed willie wagtail having a bath. Water splashing hither and thither. :)

Back