Birds of a Feather

Cool bird pics, @Ruthanne! :)

I need to find out how to get more birds in my backyard. There have been some crows but not much else. I used to have a lot of woodpeckers and robins at my previous house.

2019ae44e30e168b8ad6cc813fc53837.jpg

Crows are the best! They can be friendly and even talk. I would love to be able to nurture a crow.
I had a crow when I was a little girl. We let him fly free and he always came back. His

name was Gabriel. He came in the house and sometimes stole things. Lol. He followed my bus all the way to school and would land on my arm as I got off the bus. We were best buddies. I would call for him every day and he'd come flying.

My brother had gotten him but me and Gabriel were very close.

A neighbor complained to us that he would land on people's heads. We just laughed and thought it was sweet.

One day I called for Gabriel over and over and over and we never saw him again.😭

I had a crow when I was a little girl. We let him fly free and he always came back. His

name was Gabriel. He came in the house and sometimes stole things. Lol. He followed my bus all the way to school and would land on my arm as I got off the bus. We were best buddies. I would call for him every day and he'd come flying.

My brother had gotten him but me and Gabriel were very close.

A neighbor complained to us that he would land on people's heads. We just laughed and thought it was sweet.

One day I called for Gabriel over and over and over and we never saw him again.😭
Wonderful to hear your story of Gabriel. Maybe he finally got married and changed location. They do like to pick up shiny objects but often give them away.

https://www.audubon.org/news/did-crows-actually-make-these-gifts-human-who-feeds-them

Wonderful to hear your story of Gabriel. Maybe he finally got married and changed location. They do like to pick up shiny objects but often give them away.

https://www.audubon.org/news/did-crows-actually-make-these-gifts-human-who-feeds-them
Yes, he picked up my stepfather's gold watch and threw it in the pool! lol. I wonder sometimes if my stepfather did something to him, or the neighbor did but I too have thought he may have flown off with a mate. I'd like to think that the most!

Back