Biting The Inside Of The Mouth

Damaged Goods

After the first bite, they continue for 1-3 days, always in the same spot, despite the efforts to slow down and be careful. And then, no more biting for a year or so.

Anyway, that's my experience.

That happened to me earlier this year, after visiting
the dentist, new lower dentures cured the problem.

Mike.

I recently had to get a partial for some of my lower teeth. There was a period of about 2 weeks between getting the teeth pulled, and when I got the partial...and during that time, I had to be Very careful while eating, so as not to bite my lower lip, etc. Teeth issues are a real nuisance, but at my age, if that's my worst problem, I'm lucky.

I recently had to get a partial for some of my lower teeth. There was a period of about 2 weeks between getting the teeth pulled, and when I got the partial...and during that time, I had to be Very careful while eating, so as not to bite my lower lip, etc. Teeth issues are a real nuisance, but at my age, if that's my worst problem, I'm lucky.
I have full upper and lower dentures and HATE them!!!!!

After the first bite, they continue for 1-3 days, always in the same spot, despite the efforts to slow down and be careful. And then, no more biting for a year or so.

Anyway, that's my experience.
I've done that since I was a kid. Biting it makes it a little swollen, so it's that much easier to bite it again.

I opted to have several teeth pulled because of that damn biting problem. Over evolutionary time, our extended muzzles shrunk, but our number of teeth did not: We have the same number of teeth as chimps!

If I ever decide to pull the rest of my teeth, since I consider them mostly a nuisance, I will get custom dentures with ten up, ten down, and then blank denture runs to my jaw hinges. A full set would be idiotic, because I would then go right back to the infuriating biting problem.

FWIW, biting the inner surface of your cheek, repeatedly, over time, is not a trivial issue: Repetitive wounding of the oral mucosa can, in fact, lead to oral cancer, especially in those who use tobacco and/or alcohol.

I dont need dentures -but I have bitten my inside mouth-and you can be sure if you did it once it will happen again same day
Arrrgh

Could be mild TMJ, sleep habits, or just bite misalignment. Seeing a really good cosmetic dentist might provide some answers.

While not wearing dentures, I seem to inadvertently bite my tongue or cheek lining at least several times a year. Even when asleep, a tooth can cause irritation by rubbing into cheek lining under pressure. The resultant swollen tissue becomes protuberant and easier to bite again, so biting the same already injured area is likely to be recurrent. An ulcer or sore can then form, which is painful and makes eating or even talking lots of fun! Applying Anbesol or some similar oral antiseptic/anesthetic can help reduce swelling and promote healing...

Back