Black and White Photography

dmadam47

Ever since printing black and white photographs in my fathers darkroom it has fascinated me and now in the digital age it still does.
"A photograph is usually looked at - seldom looked into." Ansel Adams
Black and White photography tricks us into to looking at the elements of the photograph
Its design, shades and tone without the distraction of color.
We look at not just the objects but inside them.

photo-1566077666883-e67cf2c18d14
photo-1566077151751-27bd95241d10

Last edited:
Ever since printing black and white photographs in my fathers darkroom it has fascinated me and now in the digital age it still does.
Black and White photography tricks us into to looking at the elements of the photograph
We look at not just at the objects but inside them.

Were these taken by you dmadam47? ( welcome to the photo threads)...:D

Good for you. You do excellent, depth of field and perspective were spot on. Black and White is a passion of mine and have been doing it on film in my fathers lab since I was twelve.
Thank you for the compliment that's very kind.. if you look further into the photo forum here you'll find many photos of mine and others, we post almost daily..almost all in colour tho' , ..some with our phones , some with our cameras.. and we also have a resident pro Photographer @-Oy-

Last edited:
We look at not just the objects but inside them.

I did a lot of darkroom work. Looking at those photographs. My guess. Done with a large format camera, at least a 4 x 5. Also a red filter was used to emphasize the clouds. There's a lot of tricks that can be used in processing the film and printing the photos.

Back