blood pressure

Low 140s a couple of times at the doctors office years ago, I think it was mostly "white coat syndrome". I check it sometimes at the Walmart pharmacy or at blood pressure machines in stores, last couple of times was mid 120s.

160s~170s. Got my attention. Quit drinking and using salt. Dropped 40 pounds in a matter of months. Blood pressure dropped to acceptable levels.

157 that's at the doctors but it is quite high, I'm monitoring it with a home testing machine, does anybody have tips on how to lower it ? I don't drink, smoke or use a lot of salt

It seems to fluctuate a lot and I'm finding it quite confusing.......

Just curious, but what did the doctor in ER do for you?
Was admitted to hospital as I have a history of brain aneurysms. Angio revealed that a piece of the aneurysm had started growing again and had to have it coiled. Happened again 2 years later and another coil. So I have a clip and 2 coils in brain. Have to watch BP very closely. I never knew I had an aneurysm until it ruptured and was on life support for 6 weeks. Was very blessed as most people don't make it to hospital in time. Those that do make it to surgery have a 50% chance of surviving the surgery. Left arm is paralyzed and left side weak but after years of therapy I am in good health. Just have to have angios every few years to be sure everything is in place. More than you asked but the ER prevented another possible rupture that could have killed me.

High back in '15 (160/90/95), then diagnosed with Type II. Dr put me on Losartan (50mg). Today & for the last 2 years I've been able to control it - now (115/60/58) still on same meds. Controlled my weight at normal range (BMI 24). Cut out everything possible that could cause spikes, anything processed, breads & pastries, read the labels for sodium content, try to keep it below 2000 mg daily, that's extremely hard! Take 3 Tbsp raw apple cider vinegar daily (1 before meals), nothing more. Cut out all OTC supplements, only one 81 mg aspirin/Vit D/BP med/insulin. Cut out red meats eat more natural fruits & veggies, cut other meats including (shudder!) fish to 3-4 oz servings.

Coffee/beans/sweet potatoes/eggs - my mainstays.

I take Lisinopril, 10 mg. It keeps me within acceptable BP levels.

I use a lot of salt because it makes all my foods taste better! But I use only salt that contains half the sodium of table salt. It's called Morton's Light Salt.

As my ancestral Ukrainian saying goes: "Eat Bread and Salt and Speak the Truth."

HDH

157 that's at the doctors but it is quite high, I'm monitoring it with a home testing machine, does anybody have tips on how to lower it ? I don't drink, smoke or use a lot of salt

It seems to fluctuate a lot and I'm finding it quite confusing.......

It is supposed to fluctuate a lot. The blood pressure reacts to the situation. It's a mental thing. Fight or flight.

To lower it without medication? Number one if you have a weight problem you have to lose weight.

It's a good idea to buy a blood pressure monitor and take the readings at home by yourself .

And when you visit your doctor take your monitor with you and compare his readings to yours.

Back