Bought a trampoline/rebounder

Irwin

I thought one of these might be a fun way to exercise...

trampoline.jpg

... and it is! I bounced a bit on it last night and worked up a pretty good sweat. I wanted something that would be easy on the knees since I have a torn meniscus in one knee. From what I've read, you can get a full body workout by holding some light weights in your hands while bouncing. I'm going to give that a try.

My balance isn't so great, which is why I got one with a balance bar but I found that I don't need it so I'm taking it off.

Anybody workout on a trampoline?

Trampolines are a lot of fun and yes, you can get a great workout on them. I haven't been on one since I was a teenager. Where I was raised in Ohio, they had a trampoline park. Went there several times a week in the summer with a bunch of friends.

What a great idea, never knew they came with balance bars.

Not all do. I got one with the balance bar so my wife could use it with more confidence and stability when she's recovering from her knee surgery in the spring. She probably won't use it though. In the meantime, I took it off so I could move it around more easily and set it up in front of a screen so I can watch videos while I'm bouncing.

Trampolines are a lot of fun and yes, you can get a great workout on them. I haven't been on one since I was a teenager. Where I was raised in Ohio, they had a trampoline park. Went there several times a week in the summer with a bunch of friends.

A "trampoline park?" Never heard of such a thing! You must have been one of the rich kids! :ROFLMAO:

A "trampoline park?" Never heard of such a thing! You must have been one of the rich kids! :ROFLMAO:
lol...not rich, by far.

This is what a trampoline park looked like, back in the day....

HTKA4TZ45JCFJK2BJGJLEBGPWQ.jpg

I have this one...Needak...made in the USA. Higher-end as far as quality, craftsmanship, and price. It's the second one I've owned over the years of rebounding.

This is a "spring" rebounder. Great not only for cardio workouts, but for your lymph system too since it's the only system in the body that doesn't filter itself....you need to "mooove"!

It's called a "health bounce", where your feet don't leave the mat, and this will help your lymph system filter toxins.

There is also a "bungee" rebounder by Bellicon (German-made) instead of springs, but not as effective for the lymph system. It takes you longer to come up from the bounce than the spring-made type.
The bungee cords also need to be replaced more often than the heavy duty spring- made rebounder, like the one I have.

You can use a stability bar or not....I do not need to use one since I've used the rebounder for years, as well as cardio, yoga.etc...no balance issues or otherwise.

It's better to try and not use the bar anyway, as a crutch....so you can "use" and "strengthen" your muscles, while your gaining balance.

Try it, you'll like it.

P.S. - Happy to see this thread on rebounders.

I started a thread a while ago on rebounders and a "few" reacted very negatively, thinking it's something they could "never, ever do".

However, if you do your research, you will find many creative modifications to using the rebounder, so most anyone at "any age" can use it in some capacity or another.

images (3).jpeg

Last edited:
I have this one...Needak...made in the USA. Higher-end as far as quality, craftsmanship, and price. It's the second one I've owned over the years of rebounding.

This is a "spring" rebounder. Great not only for cardio workouts, but for your lymph system too since it's the only system in the body that doesn't filter itself....you need to "mooove"!

It's called a "health bounce", where your feet don't leave the mat, and this will help your lymph system filter toxins.

There is also a "bungee" rebounder by Bellicon (German-made) instead of springs, but not as effective for the lymph system. It takes you longer to come up from the bounce than the spring-made type.
The bungee cords also need to be replaced more often than the heavy duty spring- made rebounder, like the one I have.

You can use a stability bar or not....I do not need to use one since I've used the rebounder for years, as well as cardio, yoga.etc...no balance issues or otherwise.

It's better to try and not use the bar anyway, as a crutch....so you can "use" and "strengthen" your muscles, while your gaining balance.

Try it, you'll like it.

P.S. - Happy to see this thread on rebounders.

I started a thread a while ago on rebounders and a "few" reacted very negatively, thinking it's something they could "never, ever do".

However, if you do your research, you will find many creative modifications to using the rebounder, so most anyone at "any age" can use it in some capacity or another.

View attachment 184074
Hi @CindyLouWho, fellow rebounder! :)

I bought a Newan rebounder that uses bungy cords instead of springs. I was afraid that one with springs would be noisy, which is what some of the reviews said. I'm pretty satisfied with it. I took the balance bar off it last night because I wasn't using it. I got off balance a few times, but was able to recover. I think after a few weeks, I should have more control so I could do some tricks like spinning around while I'm in the air. :)

If the bungy cords wear out after a few years, I don't have a problem with having to replace them. I like the quiet. The only problem with them is they only stretch to a certain point and then stop, whereas springs wouldn't have that problem. So there are pros and cons for each. I'm glad you're happy with yours.

Just be Extra careful. If you already have any knee/leg/balance issues, getting too "frisky" on something like this could result in a bad fall.
I do have a problem with one of my knees, and it's very sore today after working out last night. I tore the lateral meniscus about ten years ago. It didn't bother me for several years, but then a few months ago, I started kicking a ball around for my dog to chase and I think I tore it some more or something. If it doesn't stop hurting, I'm going to see if I can get a cortisone shot like I was getting back when I first injured it.

Hi @CindyLouWho, fellow rebounder! :)

I bought a Newan rebounder that uses bungy cords instead of springs. I was afraid that one with springs would be noisy, which is what some of the reviews said. I'm pretty satisfied with it. I took the balance bar off it last night because I wasn't using it. I got off balance a few times, but was able to recover. I think after a few weeks, I should have more control so I could do some tricks like spinning around while I'm in the air. :)

If the bungy cords wear out after a few years, I don't have a problem with having to replace them. I like the quiet. The only problem with them is they only stretch to a certain point and then stop, whereas springs wouldn't have that problem. So there are pros and cons for each. I'm glad you're happy with yours.
Hi Irwin -

Good point about the noise from the spring rebounders. I think that was the major factor in the bungee rebounders catching on and maybe even taking over the market at this point.

Pros & cons, true! Just depends on what features you are looking for and then prioritizing them.

Spinning around while in the air, eh Irwin? 🤣.

How about a one- handed handstand 🤸, a tuck jump, or around the world! So much awaits you! Have fun😄

Back