Bucket List

My bucket is at the bottom of the well right now and it has sprung a leak.

I have two continents to go and I am pretty sure I'll never make it to Antartica. Australia, maybe, but I'm holding out for teleportation.

I always wanted to visit all 50 states. I'm still working on Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota and Alaska.
Saving the ice boxes for last.

My bucket list is to go to all 7 continents. I was in the travel industry and was fortunate enough to visit South America, Asia, Europe, Australia and (of course) North America. I still want to go to Africa and Antarctica.

Every trip enhanced my life by making me appreciate other cultures and giving me the ability to compare the similarities and differences. Traveling really opened my eyes to the fact that we take so many things for granted in the US. Visiting Cambodia, where the children have next to nothing but are still happy, really brought home the fact that people are always happy when they don't realize what they don't have. We have so much here in the US compared to so many other countries, and we are still not happy.
You won't like Antarctica, unless you go during their summer, which is our winter. Damn, it gets cold down there. I spent one full day there. The coldest it got was -38°. I think this was either in July or August. It was so cold that the moisture in my nose froze and I couldn't blow it until I got inside and it thawed. Have you ever seen the movie "Firefox" with Clint Eastwood. In the movie, he does a refueling stop from a sub in Antarctica. it's really cool to watch the MIG-31 takeoff and fly through the snow dunes. I believe that I had read somewhere that this part of the film was made in Greenland. To be able to fly with full confidence, special fuel additives are put into the fuel tanks.

Keep in mind, this is a 'movie.'

You won't like Antarctica, unless you go during their summer, which is our winter. Damn, it gets cold down there. I spent one full day there. The coldest it got was -38°. I think this was either in July or August. It was so cold that the moisture in my nose froze and I couldn't blow it until I got inside and it thawed. Have you ever seen the movie "Firefox" with Clint Eastwood. In the movie, he does a refueling stop from a sub in Antarctica. it's really cool to watch the MIG-31 takeoff and fly through the snow dunes. I believe that I had read somewhere that this part of the film was made in Greenland. To be able to fly with full confidence, special fuel additives are put into the fuel tanks.

Keep in mind, this is a 'movie.'
I haven't seen it, but thank you for the recommendation. I would only go to Antarctica in January or February. It is typically above freezing temps and tolerable then, plus the penguins are in full bloom!

I never had a "Bucket List" per se, but after a brush with cancer in my fifties, I made it a point to do as many thing as possible that I wished to do. I rode my motorcycle in every state on 3 different trips to the East coast. Rode thru much of Canada and up into Alaska. Once I did that I rode it in Ireland, Scotland, Japan and China. I also rode horseback and did that in Ireland, Spain, Hungry and Australia. Unfortunately, never got to Mexico and Central and South America which I would have liked to do. Also would have liked to visit Moscow (love the architecture of the buildings there. (don't think I'd like to do so now!) Never got to any of the Nordic countries either, which I also would have liked to do, but I did my best with the time allotted to me :) I tried my hand at a lot of other things that didn't involve traveling, but were challenging and fun to learn.

Back